What's new

RCA Analog or S-Video Output to 5 BNC Input? (1 Viewer)

EricE

Agent
Since some projector's also have this type of input, it seems like someone might already know this one. Is connecting a Monitor or projector with 5 BNC input connections to a S-Video or RCA analog video input possible? I've found cables and adapters online that would physically make the connection possible, but I'm not even sure if this would work in the first place. If it is a possibility, what's the best way to go about it?

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
First you have to find out what scan rate(s) the projector accepts.
The easiest situation is if the projector accepts 31.5 KHz RGB 525 scan lines per frame progressive 480p a.k.a. regular VGA 640 x 480 x 60 Hz non-interlaced. A DVDO iScan converts composite or S-video NTSC into RGBHV with this scan rate.
Other line doubling scalers will output other scan rates e.g. XGA 1024 x 768 x 70 Hz. I am not sure which models do what. I do not know where to buy a converter that takes composite or S-video and outputs 480i RGBHV (scan rate approx. 15.75 KHz 525 scan lines per frame) which some broadcast studio monitors only accept.
You cannot connect composite or S-video directly to RGBHV jacks.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks