What's new

Rare DTS and/or Anamorphic titles (Brazil R4 NTSC) (1 Viewer)

AlexBC

Second Unit
Appreciated it very much Craig.;)

I'm always searchig for the best versions of my beloved movies and it's great to be able to help fellow enthusiasts on that same quest.

Updates

The King And I (O Rei E Eu) (Anamorphic) (FOX)

The Full Monty (Ou Tudo Ou Nada) (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Pushing Tin (Alto Controle) (Anamorphic) (FOX)

The Edge (No Limite) (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Dr. Dolittle (Anamorphic) (FOX) - it's also available in a double pack with Dr. Dolittle 2

The Hulk (Hulk) (DTS and Anamorphic) (Universal) - pre-order for 11/05/03

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
I´ve read somewhere that the R1 version of PORKY´S is not anamorphic.
If that´s the case, here´s another title for your list!

AlexBC

Second Unit
Update:

The Poseidon Adventure (O Destino De Poseidon) (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Can anyone confirm whether Porky's is anamorphic in R1?

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
There is a version of Porky's that is anamorphic in Region 1. I think it's the double feature one w/ Porky's two. Is Office Space available? I know it just came out in the UK as anamorphic.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Thank you Prentice for the info on Porky's.

I've finished updating the list with the Brazilan movie titles to make the search easier

[Edit] Oops, my mistake. Office Space is indeed available here in anamorphic. Thanks again Prentice

Update:
Office Space (Como Enlouquecer Seu Chefe) (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Home Alone 1 & 2 (Esqueceram De Mim 1 e 2) (Anamorphic) (Fox) - Read that the SEs are coming, no sure yet, so you might want to wait on this one

Never Been Kissed (Nunca Fui Beijada) (Anamorphic) (FOX)

AlexBC

Second Unit
Thanks for the info Prentice, but I'm not really sure if Private Parts is indeed anamorphic, I think the site info is inaccurate. Anyways, I'll check it myself as soon as I can, and when I get it confirmed I'll post it.

Hulk is finally out, check out the new updates

NEW UPDATES:

Hulk (Anamorphic and DTS) (Universal) - foiled cover that comes in a nice green Amaray.

The Longest Day 2-disc SE (O Mais Longo Dos Dias) (Anamorphic) (FOX) - though not too many extras

AlexBC

Second Unit
T3 is not out yet, it will take a one or two of months until we see this release over here.
I think it will cary the DTS track when it's out. I'll sure post it here when I get it confirmed.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't recieved my order from 13/10/2003 from DVDWorld. I emailed them and they said it was in the mail... and take no more than 30 days :frowning:

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Mine arrived and I am pretty happy... I have posted some comparisons to the Region 1's.

Almost complete... you may view now

Criterion - Region 0 - NTSC "Brazil" vs. Universal Region 1 - NTSC vs. Fox Video (Brazil) - Region 4 - NTSC ( anamorphic )

Paramount - Region 1 - NTSC "Great Expectations (98)" vs. Fox Video (Brazil) Region 4 - NTSC

http://www.compare.dvdbeaver.com/

Regards,

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
How long does it take them to contact you to approve the international shipping cost (DVDworld that is)? I ordered 2 DVDs a few days ago and I haven't heard anything yet.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Great comparisons Gary, thank you very much.

Now I have posted this on other thread, but I'll add it here as well: it has been confirmed that T3 (Columbia) will carry the DTS track. I'll add it to the list when it's finally out (though it won't be out for sale until april)

CraigL

Screenwriter
A few questions...

Any idea if these titles are 16x9 in Brazil?

6 Days 7 Nights
Evita
Grosse Pointe Blank
Rocketeer
The Game

Thanks!

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I can't comment on the Brazillian discs but Rocketeer and
The Game should be since their anamorphic in other regions, R4 Australia for example. I'd LOVE an Anamorphic Grosse Pointe Blank though!

CraigL

Screenwriter
I can't comment on the Brazillian discs but Rocketeer and The Game should be since they're anamorphic in other regions.
Yeah...all of them are available anamorphically in other regions which is why I'm wondering if someone can confirm or deny this.

AlexBC

Second Unit
GREAT NEWS: Universal has reissued Back To The Future trilogy with correct framing. Now we can finally have it with the DTS track and the correct framing.
note: some retailers may still carry the old incorrect version.

New Additions:

White Palace (Loucos de Paixão) (Anamorphic) (Universal)- also features DD 5.1

How To Make An American Quilt (Colcha de Retalhos) (Anamorphic) (Universal)- also features DD 5.1

Mask (Marcas do Destino) (Anamorphic) (Universal)- the Cher flick

The Associate (O Sócio) (Anamorphic) (Universal)- also features DD 5.1

Ffolkes (Resgate Suicida) (Anamorphic) (Universal)- the Roger Moore flick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks