What's new

Rare DTS and/or Anamorphic titles (Brazil R4 NTSC) (1 Viewer)

AlexBC

Second Unit
Several NEW ADDITIONS:

Robocop SE (Anamorphic) (MGM)

Broken Arrow (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Mrs. Doubtfire (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Big (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Bulworth (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Kiss Of Death (Anamorphic) (FOX) - the N Cage/D Caruso/S L Jackson film (never released R1)

Shining Through (Anamorphic) (FOX) - never released R1

Rising Sun (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Desperately Seeking Susan (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Great Expectations (Anamorphic) (FOX)

White Men Can't Jump (Anamorphic) (FOX)

One Fine Day (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Jingle All The Way (Anamorphic) (FOX)

Cocoon (Anamorphic) (FOX) - never released R1

Rollerball SE (1975) (Anamorphic) (MGM)

Misery SE (Anamorphic) (MGM)

AlexBC

Second Unit
Sergio,

we get a Making of and two trailers, the R1 version is almost barebones and just includes a trailer. I'm not sure on this one but I think the transfer is better also.

BTW, do our friends from R1 have the SE of Twister and Dante´s Peak?
Yes and no, our Twister version is the same as the R1, but over here it's distributed by Univeral instead of Warner. Dante's Peak is a mixed bag, it's available R1 in two versions: a Collector's Edition and a DTS only version (but full bitrate). So we get the same extras of the Collector's Edition and a half bitrate DTS track.

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
Great.

I thought that the new edition of Friday the 13th (not the bare bones one) had MORE extras than the R4.

Looks like we´re getting the R2 version, cause the cover art is exactly the same:

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone provide me with links on dvdworld.br for Terminator 3 and Johnny English..

Appreciate it

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
I don´t think that they´re yet available, but if you want to do a research, T3 will be called "O Exterminador do Futuro 3", and "Johnny English" stays with the original title.

Estevan Lapena

Stunt Coordinator
Has any Canadians had any Duty problems with their DVD's from dvdworld.com.br? I am seriously considering getting a couple of disc's but if I get charged duty it may be a little expensive...

Oh yes, and can someone provide me with the link on dvdworld.br for True Lies? (if there is one)

AlexBC

Second Unit
Charlie

T3 isn't out yet anywhere in the world. Johnny English is out for rental, the sell-through version debuts on november, sorry I posted a little too early.

Estevan,

I posted about this on a previous message, true lies is now discontinued, but some retailers still carry it, so that's why it remains on the list. Unfortunately DVDworld no longer has this title. Anyway, I'll update the list with this info. Hope someone in Canada can enlighten us about the duty thing.

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
True Lies is relatively hard to find, but not IMPOSSIBLE. All you need is a friend in Brazil who´s willing to look for it at non-virtual stores like Saraiva, Modern Sound, Music Planet and all the like.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
I tried to order 2 titles from CPpoint -
Great Expectations
and Brazil,
BUT after my order I see that I ordered the Region 1's instead ( couldn't find the R4's in there listing... even using the portugese name of the film).
I emaile them right away, and they responded :

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your order.

However you have ordered Region 1 DVDs manufactured in USA ( American Flag below the products)

Therefore, as per your request, we are canceling the order.

Tomorrow our staff will check if we can get Region 4 versions anamorphic (16X9) and let you know

best regards

Eduardo Gelio
CD POINT
I appreciate that they responded so quickly and cancelled the order.

BUT I still don't see those two films listed as the Region 4's versions on CDPoint.

NOTE: Regarding Canada and Duty - simply put it is a gift and you shouldn't be charged. CDPoint has a gift tick box that says they will not publish the price anywhere on the package.

Regards,

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone tell me in the ordering process on DVDWorld is this:

CEP:
Sem ponto ou vírgula

What are they looking for ? It won't let me continue without it... and it only translates to "CEP: Without point or comma " ????

Thanks,

Andy_G

Stunt Coordinator
Gary,
I just used a hyphen in that box and the order went through without difficulty.

Brazil looks great, I think you’ll love it.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Okay - I ordered... I think it means postal code (zip code) so thats what I put. I am concerned that my address (stated as country "Canada" ) came up as "CA" which is California. No? and I live in Ontario - and there is an Ontario in California... yikes!

Well, I'll report back if I ever get it in my hands...

Thanks for the help,

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
I don´t think that they´re yet available, but if you want to do a research, T3 will be called "O Exterminador do Futuro 3", and "Johnny English" stays with the original title.
Thanks Sergio Martorel and AlexBC

Ha~~
No wonder I couldn't find them on DVDWorld...
Will be getting them once they are released though...

AlexBC

Second Unit
Gary,

I checked out CDpoint site, Brazil and Great Expectations R4 versions are not currently available. But you can find them at DVDworld.

About the CEP, it means zip code as you assumed.

Update:

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial (E.T. O Extra Terrestre) 3-disc SE (DTS ES and Anamorphic) - features both 1982 and 2002 cuts with DTS ES and a third disc with extra features. Very cheap compared to the USA limited release.

Back To The Future Trilogy (DTS and Anamorphic) - the DTS track really sounds better than the DD, much clearer and stronger (though it still has the framing issue).

I'll try to add the Brazilian title of the movies to the list in order to make the search easier. I can do them all at once, but I'll try to get it ready asap.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I'd just like to take a second to thank Alex for all of his valuable information and for starting this thread in the first place.

My credit card hates you but I'm loving you. ;)

Estevan Lapena

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Gary, but seeing as how CDPoint doesn't have Brazil R4, I need to use DVDWorld. Does the same duty trick work for DVDWorld? Because there is some stuff I would really like to get there.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Andy_G I hope that works because all they did was respond and say "Your address is correct"... fingers crossed.

Estevan - RE: Duty - I can't tell you positively if it will work for DVDWorld yet, but will tell you if my package comes soon... they are already sent word that it is going out in the next shipment...

This is pretty interesting and I am curious as hell to test out these DVDs on http://www.compare.dvdbeaver.com/ . It kind of makes sense that the studio delayed releasing them in South America thinking of maximizing their profit in the US market... and then started selling the "updated" (in this case anamorphic) version as their technology changed. Who knows how long some of these titles will take to be re-issued as anamorphic in Region 1. The Cuaron Great Expectations is one of my favorite films.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks