What's new

Rare DTS and/or Anamorphic titles (Brazil R4 NTSC) (1 Viewer)

AlexBC

Second Unit
NEW ADDITIONS!!!

The Lion King (DTS) - yes it's the new enhanced mix!!!

Good Morning Vietnam SE (Anamorphic) - though not too many extras

Dead Poets Society SE (Anamorphic) - though not too many extras

CraigL

Screenwriter
Alex,

I ordered the DPS: SE AND the Misery: SE.

I'm still waiting for them tho. It's been 16 days at the moment. I'm not worried yet.

I didn't know if Dead Poet's was anamorphic since none of the sites listed it as such.

Are you sure?

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
You do realize that this is like asking if the box says "as seen on TV?"
I don't really get what you mean...
I am asking this because the R2 UK edition will have dts and be THX certified, but cost about $24 shipped...

If I can get R4 Brazilian Edition with the same audio specs for $20 shipped, why not?

Hence my question about the THX

AlexBC

Second Unit
Charlie,

it`s the same THX certified transfer from the R1.

am asking this because the R2 UK edition will have dts and be THX certified, but cost about $24 shipped... If I can get R4 Brazilian Edition with the same audio specs for $20 shipped, why not?
And better yet, no PAL speedup!!!

Craig,

don`t worry, DPS is indeed anamorphic, I can confirm that.

Andy_G

Stunt Coordinator
The consensus on the board is that THX certification is pretty much meaningless.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Great insight Sergio:emoji_thumbsup:, I completely forgot about cdpoint (They're usually my source for R1 discs ;))

I updated the note description, I had assumed everyone would know that the discs carry portuguese subtitles. But a more detailed description is better anyway. The Hook description is updated too.

New addition:

Rocky Coll (Anamorphic) (MGM) - features all 5 Rocky movies in anamorphic widescreen and the SE of Rocky - and it's been available for such a while now, how could I forget this:b

I'll add Hulk DTS as soon as it's released

CraigL

Screenwriter
Just received my shipment yesterday! Awesome shipping!

DVDworld is great. Very cheap and great shipping. I checked out cdpoint and they didn't seem to have much of a selection.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Craig,

thanks for the feedback on DVDworld international shipping, it's great to know that they work as good as on their domestic branch.

regarding CDpoint, their selection is as huge as DVDworld's, but unfortunately you can't have title listing by studio along with the coverart (like on DVDworld), you can just sort them alphabeticaly. To have the complete title listing, click the "DVD Nacional" button at the bottom of CDpoint's page. Click on the "?" mark to have full disc detail. Personaly I prefer DVDworld over CDpoint, but for non-portuguese literate, CDpoint english layout may come very handy. Well the choice is there now.

New Additions:

Friday the 13th SE (Anamorphic) (Warner) - though not too many extras

The Scorpion King SE (DTS and Anamorphic) (Universal) - a real kick ass boombastic DTS track - it's been out for a while now, but I had forgotten to post it before.

CraigL

Screenwriter
regarding CDpoint, their selection is as huge as DVDworld's
I did a search by actor and the listings weren't NEARLY as large. Maybe i was doing something wrong? Plus DVDworld had much better prices from what I saw.

In any case, I think i'm going to place another order with DVDworld. Was thinking of picking up anamorphic versions of:

Volcano
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Deep Impact
True Lies...

And let's see what else?? :) Shipping was only $10 and considering the 2 movies I ordered were $20 themselves...damn good deal. Just as cheap as prices over here shipped.

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
I did a search by actor and the listings weren't NEARLY as large. Maybe i was doing something wrong?
YOU, no. The problem with CD Point is that their search engine sucks big time.

Their prices are better when we, brazilian, are buying imported DVDs. But about the other way around, I can´t say.

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hook SE (Anamorphic) (Columbia) - It also has LOTS of extras that aren´t available on the R1 version.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what?
A making of, trailers, a game.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Maybe you want to wait just a bit more on the Home Alone movies, I've heard that the SEs are coming in november (not 100% positive on these yet, but I think it's pretty much safe to assume there won't be any delays).

Great discoveries Craig, I had forgotten that R1 Deep Impact and Volcano aren't anamorphic.

NEW ADDITION:

The Great Escape SE (2-disc set)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks