What's new

Rare DTS and/or Anamorphic titles (Brazil R4 NTSC) (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
That's wrong. I have the R2UK and R3K versions. The R2UK runs 137 minutes and the R3K runs 143 minutes.

3/17 for this re-release/re-price. It originally was released on June or 2003.
Mark, just to be clear, are you saying that the DVDHeaven site is wrong for listing the running time for "Brazil" as 137 minutes, and it should be 143?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
My Korean copy is 143 minutes. The case may say 137 minutes, I don't know. I don't have the case anymore, I put the Korean disc in with my Criterion set.

*I physically verified each versions running time before posting this.

Roger U

Auditioning
I ordered it from DVDHeaven and it arrived today. The DVD case says 142 mins, same as the Criterion director's cut. I put it in a double DVD case with the Criterion copy as well, will watch it later this week.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I have the Korean FOX "BRAZIL" it is pretty good, doesnt sound as good as the BRAZILLIAN BRAZIL disc, though...

Roger U

Auditioning
I would be surprised if the Korean and Brazilian soundtracks weren't identical. I have watched the Korean DVD, and the image quality is quite good, worlds better than the Criterion release and certainly worth purchasing. It's not edited in any way.

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
I have the R4 Mexico Brazil. Ditributed from Fox and is anamorphic widescreen running 124 minutes. I tried looking for extra copies in Mexico, but it seems to be out of stock.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Thanks Percebe, I'll add those to the list.

New Additon:

Appolo 13 Theatrial Cut with DTS.

If you are looking for Brazil, search for "Brazil - O Filme", it will be easier...

Unfortunately, i cannot find it anywhere. Submarino.com.br have it but they do not ship ousite of the country :-(

Isn't there anyone selling this on eBay?!? :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks