What's new

Raiders of the Lost Ark 25th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Darn! I will be in New York starting Sunday, through Friday.

I JUST missed a screening of Raiders. ARGHHH

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Anyone going this Friday night? Let's meet beforehand for dinner or drinks or both.

I plan on attending this Friday. I purchased tix already. I'm seeing An Inconvenient Truth at 9:30.

Rob_Walton

Second Unit
Just rewatched that the other day, with the cast video commenary. It's interesting to see how the players have faired since that time - I did an IMDb check afterwards as well to see how their careers had panned out. Strange to think how people who seemed so successful could just slip into obscurity so quickly. Corey Feldman is still the man in that movie, after all these years. Someone get that guy a decent TV role!

Oh, and one more classic movie to add from that year was Back to the Future. Power of Love is almost the soundtrack for that year for me!

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I was 15 years old, and thought I was madly in love with Harrison Ford - that alone was enough to get me into the theater.

It was the last summer before my best friend moved away, and we went to see it at least once a week for most of the summer at the matinees - Were matinees really $2.50?

Gawd, I feel ancient, but I know, as Indy did "It's not the years, it's the mileage!"

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Caught this at last night's midnight show in Royal Oak, MI. The crowd was full of fans and it was fun to see it on the big screen again.

The good: Most of the people in attendance were under the age of 30 but they new every line, every note; the theatre has a nice sound stage and the main screening room looks like old Hollywood with an Egyptian motif.

The movie is just plain awesome. The performances, the score, the action, the cinematography -- it is a different movie on a huge screen.

The bad: Uncomfortable seats and a bad print of the film. Scratches and marks and dust -- it went from okay to downright awful. Two dudes behind me talked a lot during the movie and their beer breath surrounded me.

Overall, it was a great night. I'm glad I went.

mark alan

Supporting Actor
When Indy came out, I was 16, I had just gotten my drivers license and I took a girl to see it on my first real date. Don't remember a damn thing about the movie from that showing. It could have been played backwards and I wouldn't have known.

25 years later, one of my favorite movies, don't have the faintest idea what happened to that girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks