What's new

Rage HD (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Rage HD has is now available. I guess this is sort of a precursor to a full game to come later. Basically, it is a rails type shooter. Moving is automatic, you just shoot. There are a variety of weapons and bonuses.

Just played it briefly and liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

http://www.idsoftware.com/rage-mobile/

-KeithP

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No, it's not a precursor. This is how they see their games being played on iOS for the forseable future.

See here:

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/11/19/john-carmack-talks-about-rage-sd-and-hd-ios-and-whats-next-fo/

http://toucharcade.com/2010/11/19/john-carmack-on-rage/

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's on my wishlist. I'll probably buy it over the holiday vacation. I'd snap it up, but I've got enough half-played iPhone games that I'm keeping myself reigned in :)

Also curious what's going to come of the Epic demo, that amazing 3D walk-about in the castle and neighboring grounds. It's gorgeous and has great controls. But four months later, and despite being featured in the iPad commercial as an example of its amazing games...just a tech demo.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Dude it's 2 bucks! It's not like budgeting for the Halo Legendary box =) Plus you can't just snap it up on a whip, it's nearly a gig....

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
$2 isn't the problem. It's the $100+ in apps I've got wishlisted, RageHD included, that threaten my free time and a bit of wallet cash :) And I've got unfinished games to play still (Ugh...Secret of Monkey Island...). I think I'll get RageHD closer to Christmas, to play over that vacation time.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Dude, you should see my Steam games list. There is no way I will play any of them to completion. But the point is Rage leapfrogs every other graphical experience a mobile device is capable of right now, how can you pass that up for 2 beans?

Edit: especially when it's a pretty fun game to boot?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what's a rail shooter, is that same as first person?

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
You are typically first person, but a rail shooter means that you can't freely roam around the game environment. You are stuck moving throughout the levels on a predetermined path...as if you were on a rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks