What's new

Radio shack crossovers (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Has anyone ever used the ready made three-way and two-way crossovers available at radio shack? What do you think? Are the crap or what.
------------------

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Generic crossovers are a recipe for disappointment.
Crossovers are one of the most complicated and misunderstood areas of speaker design. Not something for the complete novice to do.
Build a predesigned kit speaker instead. They are available in all price ranges.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I bought a pair of KEFs Q75s o0ver the internet.
Guess UPS dropped one hard enoughto crack the circuit board for the crossover.I know the guy from previous purchases and we both thought it would be better to just send the crossover back and then he would get the replacement from KEF.
Knowing it would be out of order for a long while, I bought a RS crossover for a temp measure.
I think there was 3 frequency I could set it at, and none that I needed.....but I got as close as I could and it sounded ok.
I had a large amp connected to it and it survived until I got the KEF in tha mail.
Good for the money but not great
------------------
Why?
Why do you keep hounding me and harassing me and hounding me?
It's not like I don't have anything better to do, you know.
It's not like the Phantom Cruiser is going to wax itself.
It's not like last night's burrito stain will just up and remove itself from my cape.
I am a superhero!
A very very busy superhero! Who does...things!
Now get out of here before I tell your mother.
AND DON'T TRAMPLE MY BEGONIAS!
-Space Ghost..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks