What's new

Radio frequency remote control. (1 Viewer)

Andre Barros

Stunt Coordinator
I've known for a while that Bose offers a radio remote control that aparently works through walls and floors and doesn't require you to point it directly at the receiver. I've held this remote in my hand a couple of times (pretty heavy) but never tested it, is it a good system? I ask this because if it works the way it is supposed to it looks like something other manufacturers should consider right? Who wouldn't want to control everything while sitting by the pool? Are there any downsides to this system or any opinions from Bose owners?

Regards,

André

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I don’t have the Bose, but I have a Radio Shack remote with a similar function. It transmits RF commands to a little receiver that you locate line-of-sight in the room with the equipment. The receiver translates the RF commands into IR. So we can watch videotapes in the bedroom with the VCR in the living room. With the right equipment, poolside control would definitely be a possiblilty.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
My Kenwood remote has an RF function. In theory it sounds good but I have never had much luck with it. The range was never very far and it drained the batteries like crazy. It could be that there is a lot of interference in my condo, or the Kenwood remote just sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks