What's new

R2 Pride and Prejudice (A&E) (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
The newer R1 16x9 DVD set for this has simply atrocious picture quality. It's clearly a result of some horrible PAL-NTSC electronic conversion. Still-stepping frame-by-frame you can see all sorts of combing and "ghost" images that result from shoddy frame-rate conversion.

Ok...so is the native PAL DVD set any better? I would think that it ought to be.

If it's decent...it may push me over the edge to get a region free DVD player to compliment my new projector. Any decent region free DVD players with DVI output? One that could scale to 720P native via DVI and offer aspect-ratio control for non-anamorphic encoded discs would be perfect...

-dave :)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The BBC DVD isn't any great shakes (lots of grain and some edge enhancement), but it's certainly watchable on a decent sized set. On a projector, though, it ain't gonna look too good.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Are you refering to the R2 version? Have you ever had the chance to compare to the R1? I'm not expecting miracles but given how bad the R1 disc is it wouldn't take much to make an improvement! (especially given that so much of the artifacting I'm seeing is PAL-NTSC conversion related)

-dave :)

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
The R2 version isn't spectacular, sometimes lot's of grain is noticeable but it certainly is decent, besides the grain I'm quite happy with it.
Never tried the R1 version though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks