What's new

R2 Gets Stiffed On Indy ? (1 Viewer)

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
That's why I'm asking where they're from.

Germany, France, etc?

I'm guessing they're probably from Germany.

I hope we get the German Indy set.

Seeing it has an English track, my fingers are confidently crossed.

Real Name
Anthony
Get your heads around this horror, "borrowed from a thread at DVDTalk -

From www.theindyexperience.com:

" - BBFC Has Betrayed Shiva! -

09-20-03 - Posted by Aaron

Sad, sad news for U.K. Indy Fans. Canyon has alerted me to this all-too-sad news she read about in a DVD magazine stating that the BBFC making even MORE cuts to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom! It seems that along with the 'Heart Ripping' scene, there will be three more scenes edited for censorship for the DVD release:

The scene where Short Round is whipped

The scene in which Indy is forced to drink the blood of the Kali Ma

And a portion of the scene where Willie Scott is lowered into the lava pit

The only answer to this problem: Either write the BBFC and demand that they leave the scenes in the film, OR simply buy an R1 player and purchase a copy from Amazon.com. Sad news indeed. "

OK, so I was going for R4 anyway. But how s**t is it being British ?

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Perhaps Paramount should seek a higher rating for the film. It seems that they are bending over backward to get the lower rating and are accepting cuts to the film to get that rating. It's as much (if not more) Paramount's fault as the BBFC's.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
I'll be going for the German edition. It'll probably be cheaper than the UK release anyway ( using the Babylon 5 boxsets as a model )

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
I don't understand why many in the UK (who are accustomed to PAL's increased resolution) would willingly compromise this and buy the Region 1 (NTSC) version.

Why not get the German or Australian (PAL) versions?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Well... buying the Australian edition will give you 100% English text on the packaging.

I can't believe that the film is gonna be cut even more. :rolleyes:

Gordy

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Actually I'm not too bothered about watered down/censored changes in movies when they cross the pond,what infuriates me far more are the lack of extras on some region 2 editions of some films when compared to the region 1.
Perhaps when the censorship is less brutal than it is in a place like this? I have maybe two or three R3 titles, all fluffy stuff (e.g. Disney). Otherwise, I tend to get R1, both to avoid censorship and also to get all the extras. It's especially ironic when British stuff gets an inferior R2 version to R1, case in point Blackadder, Coupling, and Yes Minister/Prime Minister.

Also ironic: R1 online is usually cheaper for me (even with shipping) than R3 in local stores. Strange but true.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks