What's new

R1 exclusive canadian Brotherhood of the Wolf DVD (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/index.cgi?page=News&id=3349
The Special Edition release will include three discs, the first will be identical to that found in the regular edition, while the second and third discs contain the same extra features as those found on the French Limited Edition set. These extras include two full length documentaries (80-minutes and 90-minutes in length), 6 Deleted Scenes, Photo Galleries, a short interview with a historian regarding the legend the film is based around and of course the usual Biographies and Trailers that round off the set.
there is more at the link http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/index.cgi?page=News&id=3349

Pierre Gagne

Agent
I may add, according to dvdenfrancais.com that the canadian releases will be out on October 1st (the regular and the special edition) from TVA International. The SE will be the director's cut edition with an additional 9 minutes not seen in theaters. There will be three tracks : French in DD5.1 and DTS and english in DD5.1. Subtitles are offered in french and english.

Pierre

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
This is excellent news. I was worried when the US release didn't have the suppliments from the French DVD, but it looks like Canada is coming in to save the day! :)
Gregory

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Two quick questions:

1 - Will the Canadian release play on standard U.S. dvd players?

2 - Can someone provide a link to an online store from whom I could order the Canadian release?

Thanks!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
2 - Can someone provide a link to an online store from whom I could order the Canadian release?
Amazon.ca is one, but they don't list it at the moment. I use Amazon.com for my purchases, so I will not need to set up a new account with Amazon.ca, since Amazon's accounts are good at all their localized stores (I've bought rare CDs at Amazon.co.uk, for example, that were impossible or expensive to find in the States).

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Thanks for the tip Paul. As for the US/Canada thing, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't PAL or NTSC, whichever is the one we don't typically have - I always get that confused (and I do consider myself a dvdphile, though on a lesser scale than some people on this forum :)).

Chris M

Second Unit
www.absound.ca is another store that will ship to the US. Link Removed won't.
I'm glad to see that we're getting a good version of this film, I haven't seen it but would like to pick it up anyway.
As for the US/Canada thing, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't PAL or NTSC, whichever is the one we don't typically have - I always get that confused
:rolleyes:Sigh.... I won't say anything here.
Chris.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the tip Paul. As for the US/Canada thing, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't PAL or NTSC, whichever is the one we don't typically have - I always get that confused (and I do consider myself a dvdphile, though on a lesser scale than some people on this forum:)).
Canada is essentially the same as the U.S. in regards to DVD, only with usually better prices, and sometimes less quality to fit in additional French support. Often, they're the same release. Due to syndication and rights issues, however, some titles can only be released in one country and not the other. (The recent Smallville DVD comes to mind.)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Oscar,
You've just made my day with this info!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!! I'm so excited right now! Time to call my DVD supplier to pre-order it!

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Good thing theyre going to have English subtitles, cause I dont speak or understand a lick of French, so I would have had to check out the inferior US version, however, it looks like the Canadian 3 disc version is the way to go. I'll wait a while and see if Playcentric puts this up for preorder. They always have good prices and typically have coupons which make their prices very attractive to US buyers. I know alot of people had problems with them in the past, but I've used them 3 times without a single problem so theyre :emoji_thumbsup: in my book! :)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
And now the site in the original post has been updated to indicate that all the features on the Canadian 3-disc set will indeed have English subtitles (i hope this includes the commentaries).

Rejoice!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Good thing theyre going to have English subtitles, cause I dont speak or understand a lick of French,
Ummm, Canada is virtually all English speaking except for Quebec, where they insist on being different :)
Of course there would be English subs

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Well props to Mark who called this some time back and saved me the trouble of having to cancel a pre-order. This is great to see, and I will pick this up without a doubt :)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Ummm, Canada is virtually all English speaking except for Quebec, where they insist on being different
Of course there would be English subs
There are no English subs on TVA's R1 SE of Amelie, so I don't take it for granted that there will be English subs on their Brotherhood of the Wolf release.
DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks