R1 Etailer

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Richard_M, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Richard_M

Richard_M Second Unit

I am looking for a good R1 etailer that will export.

Currently I use DVD Planet, although I have been using them since the Ken Crane days, their postage costs have gotten prohibitive, hence I am looking for another good supplier in the US.

I also get a lot of DVD's from DVD boxoffice in Canada, but they don't always have some of the titles, mainly in the Music/Concerts area.

Regards,

Richard

2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

DVD Empire is my main R1 e-tailer. I've had no problems with them.

3. Richard_M

Richard_M Second Unit

Thanks for that Jeff,

I just joined up to order some DVD's and their freight is more expensive that DVD planet.[​IMG]

Any others?

regards,

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

It is hard to say since I've never researched shipping prices to Australia.

5. Gunnar Syren

Gunnar Syren Stunt Coordinator

My favorite dealer is DV-Depot. DHL courier shipping to Oz is US$ 13.95 for 1-7 discs.

DV-Depot is not the cheapest dealer around, but their customer service is outstanding, and in my opinion more than makes up for the sometimes slightly higher prices. I must have bought more than 500 titles from them...

6. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

I second dv-depot, and as for availability, if it is available and R1, dv-depot will carry it. They import all R1 titles that are not generally available in Canada, and their prices are really not bad, especially when you consider that you will get your discs delivered faster and more secure than regular mail services.

7. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Check out Digital Eyes. Fine collection, fine service and very low prices. If you include their extra discount for Frequent Buyers (extra 4% off, point collecting system), they may be the cheapest by far even.

Use them since 1997!

Cees

8. Richard_M

Richard_M Second Unit

Thanks for the links,

Will have a good look at them this weekend.

Appreciate the help

Regards

9. Sam Owens

Sam Owens Stunt Coordinator

I use Deep Discount DVD. Cheap postage to Oz for orders over $US100 ($14.95 without any limits on size - but watch the $A500 customs limit), very cheap prices (much cheaper than DVDepot), fast shipping (c. 2 weeks from IL to Malvern), split shipping and good packaging makes DDD highly recommended for us Aussies.

In Canada, there is www.absound.ca and www.amazon.ca, both of which are often much cheaper than US based etailers. Unfortunately, Amazon Canada's standard shipping times have recently gone round the S-Bend, making them a poor option unless you like an 8-10 week wait or pay through the nose for expedited shipping (although there are plenty of coupons to soften the blow).

10. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

Look at www.cd-wow.com.hk These people don't have everything, but they do have a lot of R1 stuff. They ship from Hong Kong, but I have gotten everything very quickly and the prices are great. Prices are listed in Hong Kong dollars, but shipping is free.I've ordered at least 10 dvds and all came within 5 days. No lost shipments and no broken discs or boxes. A great place. Oh, and all the items are true R1 discs, no bootlegs or copies. The seals are on them and they are factory fresh.

11. Richard_M

Richard_M Second Unit

Thanks to all! for the Links,

I love this forum, when you need any help! all you do is ask and you get GREAT responses.[​IMG]

Regards

Richard

12. Tomoko Noguchi

13. Sam Owens

Sam Owens Stunt Coordinator

[gratuitous plug]And Richard_M, you can visit www.dvdplaza.com.au too if you want to speak to other Aussies about their OS ordering experiences...[/plug]

14. Tomoko Noguchi

Just one warning about cd-wow. Don't preorder. They charge your credit card the minute you do. However, I ordered items one week ahead of its release and I never was put on backorder.