What's new

R1 Canadian DVD Store - French tracks (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Could you please recommend me a Canadian on-line DVD store? And also how could you tell where the French track was dubbed in? thanks.

Doug McL

Auditioning
I normally use thecnl.com for my online purchases in Canada. Good service, good selection and quite competitive for most prices. And I get next day delivery between the store in Vancouver and my home in Ottawa. Impressive.

Not sure about french tracks. I usually just check at imdb.com for technical specs.

Doug

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
I assume you wanna know if the french track is in fact Quebequois or french.

the only source I ever found for that info is the LES ANNEES LASERS magazine.

as for canadian retailers:

I'm not sure but playusa are said to sell Canadian R1
Most of us usually try to avoid canadian titles but on the few occasions I needed some amazon.ca was great.

shipping to europe is done via DHL if you chose the middle shipping option so customs can be a problem.

Just stay clear of dvdsoon.com!!!!!!!

HTH

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Unless things have changed, I would use CNL with caution. Yes, they have fast service and a good selection, but if you run into problems with the disc, you are on your own. I have done a good deal of business with them (they were one of the few remaining LD stores, and one of the first with DVD), so I have a pretty good feel for their service level.

As for where to find out about the French tracks, no idea, but you can pretty safely assume that if they were dubbed in Canada, they won't be in French. :)

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

NOOOOOOOO don't try that, at least not as an overseas customer. Feel free to check out the threads on dvdforums, dvdswaps etc about how dvdsoon handles their customers lately.

Most european DVDsites have removed dvdsoon from the recommended retailers list.

You may be more lucky in canada but UK customers are stuck with them in a few battles.

And since Sams location is France and not Canada I'd advise him not to try them (I've had several odders with them that took nearly three months before they got stock) and their new sales rules are a joke (they cancelled every order when left for 6 months and only refunded in store credit but the store credit can only be used for up to 25% of a new purchase etc.

Be advised. Of course you can always try, there are still people who get their stuff.

SebastienLX

Agent
Definitely steer clear of DVDSoon. Even for Canadians.

I used to do a LOT of business with them but no more.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor

I'm sure the thousands of customers who had to call their credit card companies and demand chargebacks when this fraudulent company stole their money would disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks