What's new

QUICK/VIEW: The International (BRD) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yup! I thought it was a pretty mediocre movie, but this was the best-looking live action Blu-ray I've yet seen...

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I collect scores period (800+).
I prefer downloads (as they are practical for MY requirements), and shouldn't be chastised for it (1,000 CDs gethering dust with NO resale value isn't a preference).

Music is music. If one has to use the CD as a must rationale, then I'd say choose DVD-A or SACD over CD. It gets pointless. Been there, done that.

Enjoy the music, which is all I was saying (to start with).

Peace.

Hamilton72

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

I'm one of the FSM crowd - and yes we would! Well not so much the purchasers, but certainly iTunes itself! :)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Got no time to hang around the FSM boards anymore.
Still listen to THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS (produced by Lukas/Thaxton) on the iPod in the car, transferred from the CD (purchased on release from Ryko) at 128k AAC (when the 1st iPod came out).

Does that make you cringe or appreciate people do like score music (for a long time and will still do)?

iTunes ain't perfect, but "it'll do" babe.

Hamilton72

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

But take a step back and consider this. You're in a forum on a home theatre website talking about high definition, a medium that promotes the best quality picture and sound.

And yet you advocate the DOWN-REZZING of music. Ironically film music. The very same music that you presumably want in HIGH-REZ on the movie disc.

I have about 5600 soundtrack albums. And one - I repeat ONE - of those was downloaded from iTunes.

I just don't accept any standard below CD. No way, no how.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
That's cool.
Then deprive yourself of the iTunes only albums as well.
5600 is plenty enough on CD.

I'll pass on The International until iTunes has it.
To each their own deprivation.

Happy listening...

Hamilton72

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

Oh if they're iTunes only then I grudgingly have to accept the possibility of MAYBE downloading them. I'm totally p'd off that Giacchino's "Up" is download only but am still holding out hope that there's a physical (i.e. proper!) release in Europe when the movie is released over here.

But if there's a choice between the two (as with The International) the CD always has the edge. I would no more want to download a compromised version of the music than I would a compromised version of the movie!

Besides I thought one of the reasons you gave for preferring iTunes was that you get everything quicker ("immediate access")? Getting The International on CD sure seems quicker to me if iTunes doesn't have it yet!

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I watched a very compromised theatrical screening of THE PROPOSAL - out of focus and wobbly sound.

I could have waited for the Blu-ray.

Hamilton72

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

I don't see how that is in any way a sensible comparison to the iTunes/CD thing since a theatre is a completely different medium and experience to home video, whatever the quality. iTunes and CD both provide exactly the same experience, but one provides it a heck of a lot better than the other!

RaveenaJust

Auditioning
Real Name
RaveenaJust
i don t see haw that is in any way a sensible
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
IF I buy a CD, it simply gets transferred to iTunes, and gathers dust on a shelf. NO thanks.

To each their own. NO iTunes, NO sale. NO ala carte purchases = $0.

I respect your preferences; give it a rest.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Good film, looked amazing. But glad I only rented it, no rewatch factor with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks