What's new

Quick Sin City dvd Question (1 Viewer)

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Just a quick question hope someone will know the answer :)

The upcoming Sin City dvd is barebones with just the film and thats it, followed by the all singing dancing special edtion.

What i want to know is will the S.E have the actual film as it was at the cinema and on the barebones one or will it just have the chapters.

i.e The hard Goodbye on its own with few bits added on its own not together as a film?

The reason i ask is i like the film as it is as a film so August release would be fine and would get the s.e edtion as well as it wouldnt have the actual flm on it??

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
We don't know. No concrete info has been published about the SE.

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any info of this as the singel version is out soon :)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if Harry from www.Aint-It-Cool-News.com knows more than we do but this is from his site ...

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20887

This is the movie and a little behind the scenes edition. And yes, there will be a “Holy Shit” edition that comes out – sometime in like November or December – that has fully fleshed out chapters on THE HARD GOODBYE, THE BIG FAT KILL and THAT YELLOW BASTARD. And I bet that edition will have assloads of behind the scenes and interviews and commentaries and Rodriguez’s 10 Minute Sex School or whatever he decides to put on it. But one thing that isn’t going on that edition is… the theatrical release cut of the film. Personally – this is a film that I’m getting not only this release DVD of – but that I’ve already pre-ordered the PSP for. But then, I’m sick in the head – and I know some of you are too.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The information is probably reliable because Harry has connections with Rodriguez in the past.

Jason

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I am a big fan of everything that Rodriguez (and Tarantino) makes.

Unfortunately, I was very busy at the time this movie was in the theatres and was unable to make it out to see it.

I have been looking forward to the DVD for quite a while.

Is my anticipation justified? Or is it in vain.

Rodriguez has never failed to disappoint me as a fan (even with the very thin "Spy Kids 3D Game Over").

Does this film have the goods?

I am expecting a lurid, evocative and stunning visual treat...

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
If you're expecting a lurid, evocative and stunning visual treat prepare to be happy! :)

DVD Talk has a review here of the version coming out August 16th.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Got my copy today and boy I'm pleased :)

This will tie me over until the Special Edition is released...

- Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks