What's new

Quick Help: selling on Craigs List? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It was a 2002 36" Sony WEGA (HD monitor). It came with matching stand, original remote and manual, all in excellent condition. I did some looking on eBay, another HT forum, and the local CraigsList: CRTs were offered for $100 - $500 and selling for various prices in that range. I was more concerned about getting the TV out of my house as fast as possible than about getting top dollar.

A day after my post, I sold it for my asking price of $150, and I think I underpriced it. I posted the ad about 10pm and by noon the next day I had someone offering full price sight unseen. I had already given a coworker first dibs; but because of Craigs List I learned my asking price was fair, so he agree to my full price.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
"What about people who offer asking price, sight unseen?"

In my experience, people who say this rarely follow up and buy anything. Some of them are from out of town and seem to want to pull a PayPal scam. Only one woman, who wanted a movie poster for her husband, seemed sincere.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt

I recently bought a used car from craigslist, and did just that . a guy dropped his price by $1000(from $9000 firm to $8000 obo), making the deal a hot one instead of just a warm one, and I told him if it passed the mobile inspection service and there were no surprises, I would buy it at his asking price. It did and I did. The reason I did that was his price was more than fair and if I had lowballed and someone else offered regular price, I would have missed it.

He did insist on cash though, which was fine with me - we agreed to do the deal inside my bank, where I could get the title signed over and notarized and he could get the cash without me having to carry it to some shady parking lot. He then left and went across the street to his bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks