What's new

Quick Change on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jamie Cole

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of my all-time favorites...

"Hey baby.... up your butt with a coconut! And I think he was prepared to do it!!! Although I didn't see a coconut. He had no coconuts to my knowledge."

I bought the LD a few years back and was crushed to receive it and find it was not OAR. Just wanted to warn anyone who might be looking for it that, if you must have it, it's full-frame.

I'm worried it will get the WB bargain treatment when it does finally make it to DVD: A $5.88 full-frame Wal-mart special.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I too would love to see a good treatment of this film. I remember watching it everyday one summer at college. There are so many great characters in the movie. My favorite is the bus driver. Although Lambino is good as well as the foreigner. "I said get me an interpretor, not an interogator". Jason Robards is great too.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I just recently got my hands on a previously viewed copy of this after recently seeing it on Comdey Central.

"Please God! Just one cab! We just need one fucking cab!"

"What the hell kind of clown are you?"

"They crying on the inside kind, I guess."

"Is that our plane?"

"No, if that was our plane it would be crashing."

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Hell ya, just saw it on Comedy Central again, and we definitely NEED THE DVD.

"I know you're good for it, but she don't"

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Steve, you stole my thunder. I was thinking about this movie last week and was gonna post the same thing. Haven't seen this movie in over five years but remember laughing myself silly.
"flores... flores para los muertos"
:emoji_thumbsup:

Wes C

Supporting Actor
I would buy it too.

The bicycle joust gets me on the floor in laughter everytime!

MichaelG

Second Unit
Add me to the list, I would defiantely buy this on DVD, remember the 16x9 enhanced transfer please.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This was one of the last great comedies of the 90's (IMHO) and I would buy it in a heartbeat. Shortly after this movie, Sandler & Carey showed up. Not to take anything away from them, but their comedy stylings just don't do it for me. I second the motion for a Murray commentary track. Has he done one for any other movies?

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I'd also buy this if done up correctly!
"I saw a sign, Phyllis!"
"You don't even understand colors!"
So quotable... :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Dang Jeff... you stole my favorite line!

Other favorites:

(After witnessing the "joust")

"It's bad luck just seeing a thing like that!"

--

"Is that our plane?"

"No, if it were our plane, it would be crashing."

--

"We're all gonna die...!"

--

"Hey!... No codes!"

I love this film...

David James

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in wanting this movie on DVD - as an aside, early on while still in the bank Murray is seen taping money to a desk. I may not have paid real close attention but what was the point of that?

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
LOS MUEEEERRRRTOOOSSSSS!!! :D
Love this flick. I've heard rumors on and off for years...don't suppose WB will get around to it for a while. Damn shame...

Joel Turpin

Agent
Count me in. Saw this in the theater, with about 3 other people total. I've owned it on VHS, and would pick up an OAR DVD in a heartbeat...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Brilliant film - Murray's best, and I say that though I adore "Ghostbusters". Yes, it really IS eminently quotable. To this day I refer to the airline passengers in coach as "straphangers". Have Tony Shalhoub and Kurtwood Smith EVER been better? Plus Philip Bosco, Phil Hartman, and a slew of others - even the old guy in the airport bathroom who makes a mistaken-situation gag ala "Three's Company" funny. I'd kill for a real SE of this sucker...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks