What's new

QUICK! best headphones under $100? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I have never been a fan of headphones, but I have a need for headphones now. Good for MUSIC (not movies), and for serious listening (not "ear buds" unless they prove to be better). Plus, I'd like to stay way under $100... Radio Shack? I dunno.

I will be listening to CDs from an NAD setup, if that helps.

BEST HEADPHONES FOR MUSIC UNDER $100... GO!

Thanks for your help!

MC

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Grado's are very good choices....provided that you don't mind having an open backed style. They are excellent can's but everyone around you will hear what you are listening too so keep that in mind.

Shure EC2's are another option to consider (I sold my SR60's to get the Shures) given my work environment and love them.

Give www.headfi.com a look over for all that you need to know about headphones.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
The Shures are "ear buds," right?

I don't mind the prospect of bleed-thru on the Grados. I'd be using them at home, so no one else will be around to hear them.

MC

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sennheisers for me too (check their website, you can get factory refurbs direct from them for decent prices). I don't like the way the Grados feel over long periods.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Just wanted to pop in here and state: Grado SR60s are fricking amazing.

I have about four other sets of headphones hanging around the house. These four are one or the other of all these things: old, ear-muff style, ear-bud style, cheap, and did I mention old, as in "many years old," possibly from when I was a teenager? Argueably, this is not what you want to do A-B comparisions with, but I've just done that, and the old headphones all sound like "listening under water."

The Grado SR60s are simply airey, spacious, realistic, detailed, beautiful and will do just f-i-n-e fine for what I need.

I have Grado-love at the moment. If you gotta have headphones, I swear they should sound like this.

MC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks