What's new

Question with new VTf-2? (1 Viewer)

Brandon WB

Grip
I just set up my new HSU VTF-2 and have a few questions for those of you familiar with this great sub. On the sub's amp you have 2 choices for the crossover being set to out or in. (IN) being the setting for utilizing the subs crossover right? If so, this is the setting I am currently using, rather than my Yamaha's crossover. HSU then recommends setting the sub XO to 90hz, which I did. My question is, which setting is best, I have no idea what the differences are? And also, the Yamaha receiver 1300, has options to set the LFE signal to mains & sub (which I select), and I also have been told by HSU to set my main speakers to the small setting to send all bass to the sub. Is this a good idea even if I get decent bass out of my tower speakers?

Sorry for the lengthy question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
First, it is generally best to use the crossover on the receiver rather than the sub. So set the sub's crossover to out, and set your speakers to small on the receiver. When you set the sub's crossover to out, the crossover setting on the sub is not used.

I am not familiar with the Yamaha, so I do not know what the setup is like. I would think you would want to send the LFE signal just to the sub.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Yip!, to what Curtis's reply entailed. What towers are you running?

Do you have a option in the (crossover setting-setup) on your Yami? If you don't understand my question, I can word it differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks