Question re: Se7en

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Rob LoVerde, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Rob LoVerde

Rob LoVerde Agent

Hello all,

I'm still very new to this forum but I've had great fun reading through all of the various opinions and facts available here. And the fact that Robert Harris posts product reviews here is an extra special treat.

I'm sure we have fans of David Fincher's "Se7en" here...

I'm interested to know if anyone has heard anything about an upcoming Blu-ray Disc release. I'm about *this close* to purchasing the New Line Platinum Series 2-DVD edition, but I'd hate to see a Blu-ray Disc on the market for this film only a few months from now.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Rob

2. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    I've heard nothing, but New Line's catalog is now controlled by Warner, so who knows when they'll get around to it. You'd have to think that it would be pretty high on their list if they're gonna release from the New Line catalog, however.

3. Travis Brashear

Travis Brashear Screenwriter

You can usually get this title for less than $10 these days (Amazon has it for $9.99 as we speak), so why not go for it; you could sell it for at least half that when a Blu-ray comes along, making your investment well below the value of your peace of mind...

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Why not just rent it and wait to buy the BD version?

5. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

Rob,

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding 'Se7en' and most things Fincher: Over at the "Insiders" section of the forum, David Prior, developer and producer for most if not all of the Fincher special edition DVD's can be reached for such questions.

I noticed recently that he hasn't gotten around to answering one such question from another member of the forum, but it's a good section to monitor for such news.

Of course, that news will spread like wildfire when something is announced. I think that all of the Fincher movies are eagerly anticipated on BD, and 'Se7en' has to be near the top of most people's list.

6. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    I've read over on David Prior's page that Fincher isn't prepared to revisit Se7en or any other title until he's done with The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which makes perfect sense to me.

7. Rob LoVerde

Rob LoVerde Agent

Very insightful responses...thank you all for your time!