What's new

Question on playing Mp3 with cd player and pre/pro (1 Viewer)

Lolipox

Auditioning
Real Name
jin
Hello all, i'm new in this forum. I have one quick question and hope that some of you can help.

Can i play a mp3 CD in my Cd player and connect the Cd player with a digital co-ax cable to my pre/pro?
I'm not sure the DAC in the pre/pro can convert mp3 signal to analog or is the cd player that decode mp3 files and send the digital (pcm) signal to the pre/pro which then converted to analog.

I hope this isnt too stupid of a question.

Please clarify.. anybody? Thanksss

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
If your CD player can't decode the signal, it won't send through any signal to your pre/pro. Therefore, you need a CD player capable of decoding MP3 file formats.

Lolipox

Auditioning
Real Name
jin
So basically my cd player (mp3 capable) will decode the mp3 files into pcm and send the digital signal to my pre/pro which then convert it to analog?
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
Check Out Ebay or Audiogon for a Dared MP-5, cheap tube/mosfet hybrid amp with a usb port, it will connect directly to a PC or MP3 player . They sell for around $389, I got mine used for $260. Very nice sound for a cheap amp. It has a single line level input as well as a headphone jack . Check google for many positive reviews, really no other product like it. Dared is very cheap chineses kit, but uses parts like, NOS Allen bradley carbon comp. resistors, Black Gate electrolytics, auricap coupling caps, silver wiring and gold plated PC boards so , pretty well made for cheap gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.