Question on Elizabeth blu-ray dvd's

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by MrsMac, Nov 4, 2011.

1. MrsMac

MrsMac Agent

I was looking at this combo blu-ray dvd of Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age: http://www.amazon.com/Elizabeth-Double-Feature-Golden-Blu-ray/dp/B004GXKBDI/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1320125870&sr=1-1 The price is excellent at $10.99, but I can't tell if they have either subtitles or CC. I don't see either listed, but I've learned that doesn't mean beans. ;) If I bought both movies separately, they show subtitles. They also would cost twice the price. Elizabeth: http://www.amazon.com/Elizabeth-Blu-ray-Cate-Blanchett/dp/B0037XPP7U/ref=sr_1_6?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1320455841&sr=1-6 Elizabeth: The Golden Age http://www.amazon.com/Elizabeth-Golden-Blu-ray-Cate-Blanchett/dp/B0037XPP84/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_img_b So does anyone know if the combo has subtitles or CC? Also, what is offered on the separate blu-ray dvd's that would justify the added expense? Thanks.

2. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    The double feature is the exact same two discs as the individual packaging. Obviously a steal to get the double-bill.

3. MrsMac

MrsMac Agent

Thanks, Mark. Hope your weather is decent up there!

4. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    My DVD of Elizabeth has a director's commentary, did the blu-ray port it over? Is there one on the second movie?

5. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

Yes, both films have director commentaries on the Double Feature BRD.

Crawdaddy

6. benbess

benbess Cinematographer

Ben Hufbauer
    This is a great deal on this double bill. Watched the first movie a couple of years ago and was impressed. Haven't seen the second, but I'm looking forward to it.

7. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    I've not seen the second movie but my recollection is that it was poorly reviewed. The price for just the first movie is great.j

8. MrsMac

MrsMac Agent

Both movies are favorites of ours, but maybe that's because we enjoy movies about this period in history and we're fans of Cate Blanchett. ;) We own both movies on good old plain DVD's, but now that we have a blu-ray player, we're buying the combo and will give the good old plain DVD's to the local movie rental guy. :)

9. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    I enjoy historical dramas too, so reviews aside, I will watch Golden Age with an open mind and hope to enjoy it. I've ordered this set.