What's new

Question on "Cadfael" box sets (1 Viewer)

Felicia J

Agent
I've been thinking about buying these, but I'm confused. Exactly how many are there? DVD Planet lists a set 1 and set 3. Amazon lists sets 2 and 3, with the set they list as "set 2" having the same content as "set 1" listed on Planet.

Are there 3 Cadfael boxes or just 2. Or should I give up and just buy these as individual discs?

One more thing: Are these worth a blind purchase. I love the books but have not seen any of the TV series. Should I rent and watch an episode first before I buy?

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I have one of the boxes back from my reviewing days at DVD Angle. It's not numbered, so I'm afraid I can't help you much there. You might want to check the Acorn Media website (Link Removed) -- they distribute Cadfael in North America and can probably help you out.
BTW the series is absolutely wonderful; if you're a fan of the books, good mysteries, historical fiction, or Sir Derek Jacobi, you'll be pleased as punch. The discs are of mixed quality -- you only get one episode per disc (around 75 minutes or so), with a few extras (interviews, photo galleries, that sort of thing), and the video/audio presentation is fair at best. But I love every one of them (and not just because I didn't have to pay for them, mind you :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks