Question on "Cadfael" box sets

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Felicia J, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Felicia J

Felicia J Agent

I've been thinking about buying these, but I'm confused. Exactly how many are there? DVD Planet lists a set 1 and set 3. Amazon lists sets 2 and 3, with the set they list as "set 2" having the same content as "set 1" listed on Planet.

Are there 3 Cadfael boxes or just 2. Or should I give up and just buy these as individual discs?

One more thing: Are these worth a blind purchase. I love the books but have not seen any of the TV series. Should I rent and watch an episode first before I buy?

2. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Supporting Actor

I have one of the boxes back from my reviewing days at DVD Angle. It's not numbered, so I'm afraid I can't help you much there. You might want to check the Acorn Media website (http://www.acornmedia.com) -- they distribute Cadfael in North America and can probably help you out.
    BTW the series is absolutely wonderful; if you're a fan of the books, good mysteries, historical fiction, or Sir Derek Jacobi, you'll be pleased as punch. The discs are of mixed quality -- you only get one episode per disc (around 75 minutes or so), with a few extras (interviews, photo galleries, that sort of thing), and the video/audio presentation is fair at best. But I love every one of them (and not just because I didn't have to pay for them, mind you [​IMG] )

3. Larry Gelfand

Larry Gelfand