What's new

Question for other Dish Network users (1 Viewer)

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, could other dish network users please respond to this question. I got Dish last summer and absolutely love it so far, even to point where I do not understand all usenet raging on quality. But I must admit as of January this year I get few secs of, what's the word, screen freeze, messed up pixels, and loud cracks in sound. Its gotten to point where I finally looking for serious answers since its like 3 times a day. Are they upgrading something? Are others having this problem? My setup is same all the tests come back normal. Actually my signal strength now is even higher then when I installed, 110, vs 80 last fall.
I finally plan to email Dish but as I fear I full expect just check your connections response, must be something blocking it now and no acknowlegement of problem. SInce I upgraded to near $100 a month for everything package, I serious considering toning down now.
I really like to hear from other dish users please.
thanks much

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
If you watch channel 100 it talks about the problem with satellites when it comes in view of the sun. It happens during the winter and spring. I can't fully explain the phenomenom but Dish does say to anticipate satellite disruption.
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

Paul W

Second Unit
The phenomenom is simply that the sun is directly behind the satellites during the spring and autumn equinox. The energy from the sun completely overpowers the satellite tranmission. This should only happen twice a year though.
If you are getting drop outs, check you signal strength. You may need to realign your dish. Satellites do drift a slight amount at times (no geostationary orbit is perfect) and if you are on the edge of reception, this drift may be causing your reception problems.
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs to Hellen Keller.

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
I might also add that the sun is at Solar Maximum
right now (an 11 year cycle of solar activity) so the
sun is currently experiencing a greater number of
sunspots, solar flares, coronal mass ejections, and
huge gusts in the solar wind. All of which can interact
with the earth's magnetic field, satellite communications,
and electrical power lines on Earth. In fact, this last
saturday/sunday, the strength of the solar wind was
such that the aurora borealis (northern lights) were
seen as far south as houston, Tx AND the solar activity
interacted with the earth's magnetic field so strongly
that many satellites lost track of their position and
flipped orientation (many satellites use the earth's
magnetic field to orient themselves in orbit.)
So it does not suprise me that many people that rely
on satellite service are complaining about recent
problems with signals, pops, pixelization, picture
quality, signal loss...etc.
It will be better in a couple years...that is of coarse
until next solar max.
--Dr. Joe
------------------
Dr. Joseph Howard
Link Removed
"Imagine what you could do,
if you could do what you imagine."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks