What's new

Question for Marantz CC-3000/4000 owners (1 Viewer)

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
Last week I picked up a CC-4300 changer which is the replacement for the 4000. So far I am really enjoying it.

My question has to do with the "peak level search" feature. This is mentioned in Marantz's data sheet on the 4300, but is nowhere to be found in the owner's manual. I emailed Marantz about this but no response as of yet.

I believe the 3000/4000 units included this feature. If true, how is it accessed/used?

I have this changer connected to an Outlaw 1050 thru both the coaxial digital and line-direct inputs. To my suprise, I think I prefer the sound of the Outlaw's DACs to the Marantz's. Any thoughts/opinions on this?

One last sidenote that I found interesting: The CC-4300's RC-5 remote control jack works with my 10+ year old Philips FCR-40 cassette deck! I was wondering if this might be a remnant of the onetime Philips/Marantz association.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

John

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Hmm, I have the CC-3000 but was not totally aware of this feature. I'm not saying that it's not there so much as I haven't really read my manual real well. :)
I'll take a peak at my manual and see if I can't find anything. I'll let you know.
BTW, when you say "peak level search," is that a function where it finds both the highest and lowest frequency on the cd?

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
Adam,

Thanks for checking.

I believe this feature is supposed to quickly scan through the disc and locate the point of highest output level. This allows you to accurately set the record level on your cassette deck.

John

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
First off, as for my thoughts between my CC-3000 dac's vs. my Denon 1802's, I'm hard pressed to find a real noticeable difference. I think I'll have to find a REAL good recording to determine any strengths and weaknesses in the two.
More importantly :) , I opened up my manual and found this. It's pretty self-explanatory and works like a charm on my CC-3000.
Link Removed
[sorry for the size. i saved it as a .gif and didn't realize it'd be this large. i didn't feel like messing with it anymore in psp. :) ]

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
Adam,

Thanks a lot! I didn't expect you to scan part of the owner's manual!

I guess this is a feature that has been eliminated from the 4300; there is no "Peak Search" button on th front panel or the remote. Oh well.

Thanks again Adam.

John

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
No problem.
Yeah, I never noticed it until this thread. I've only had the player for about two months under minimal useage and I also don't really have a need for this feature. The button is on the left side of the player. It took about 1-2 minutes to scan through Maladroit by Weezer. :)

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
John,

Did you have any experience with the previous models, the CC3000/4000? Is there any improvement to the sound?

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

No, this is my first Marantz component. I think it sounds better than the Nakamichi MB3S it replaced, which has a terrible changer mechanism, by the way.

I have the CC-4300 connected to an Outlaw 1050 and have been comparing the digital to the line direct input. So far I would say that I prefer the 1050's DACs, but I think that will somewhat depend on the type of music I am listening to. The Marantz's DACs sound good too, just different.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks