What's new

Question for Axiom owners (1 Viewer)

Bill RE

Grip
From anyone that ordered from the factory outlet. What types of "blemishes" did your speakers have? Did anyone consider returning their speakers and were there any problems that weren't purely cosmetic?

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
The blemishes are purely cosmetic, anything that would affect performance will be considered a defect and covered under warranty. The blemishes are very minor, such as a tiny "dent" on an edge, or other flaws that you have to get up close and look for in a well-lit room in order to see. It's definitely worth saving the money on the more expensive speakers such as the towers or the QS8's. Not sure I would be too worried about saving $30 on the M3's, though.

They don't seem to have as much stock in the FO as they used to, you may not be able to get everything you want in the color you want. I was only able to get the M60's from the factory, at the time they didn't have the other speakers I was buying in black.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Got a pair of M60 from the outlet and it took me quite some time before I found the blemish on one speaker and i'm not even sure if that was it:D all in all I'm glad with my purchase.:emoji_thumbsup:

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
I got M22s and a VP-100 and I still haven't found the blemish. Every time I think I see it, it turns out to be a shadow, a fingerprint or the like.

Alex Giese

Grip
My factory outlet M22s only had a tiny dent each that were hidden behind the speaker grilles. I would order factory outlet speakers from them again.

Leo_P

Second Unit
I've ordered a pair of M3's, a pair of M40's and a VP100, all from the Axiom F.O. With the exception of one of the M40's, I can't find a blemish on them. On the M40, there's a spot at the top of the baffle where a 1/2" piece of veneer looks like it came unglued and they glued it back. I only found it 'cause I was looking for it.
I would not hesitate to buy from the F.O. BTW, the Axiom sound is SWEET!:D

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
Bill,

In following Axiom's message boards religiously for the past 7 months or so, I only recall one person having a negative comment about the the blemishes on their factory outlet speakers. When he explained what it was on the message board, Axiom's reps told him to send it back and they replaced it with a new factory outlet speaker as the veneer had failed beyond what Axiom considered allowable. It was handled quickly and to the customer's satisfaction. Good luck! BTW, I'll second the above comment about Axiom's sound... I love it.

Fong

Stunt Coordinator
FO is some good stuff. i got my vp150 and qs4s from FO. i would have gotten my m22s too, but they werent in stock so i got them in retail. i couldnt find any flaws. i looked at the drivers, sides, edges, everything. i can totally recommend them to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks