What's new

Question for Antec SX1030 case owners (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Just wondering what arrangment you use for fans. I have one fan blowing in and two (three counting the PSU) blowing out. I'd like to see if I can make my case/cpu temps even cooler without adding another fan. Is it better to have more air blowing in than out? In other words, two fans at the front and one extra fan at the back?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Geez, I thought this case was more popular. It was here where I learned about it. :)

Randy_T

Stunt Coordinator
I've read that you want the same number of fans blowing in and out (2 fans in,2 fans out). Post you temps and system specs. Do you have the system in a warm room?

Randy T

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I own the SX1030B and have a total of three fans blowing in, two in the front and one from the side. And then have the PSU, and the two rear fans blowing out. The air is nice and cool on its way out. On top of that I have an Active Memory Cooler System from Thermaltake and Volcano 6+ cooling my processor, then stock Abit Northbridge fan and stock VisionTek fan on my GeFORCE3 Ti200. The machine runs nice and cool.

It doesn't matter about the number of fans you have, just make sure all the fans combined move an equal amout of air in and out.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Ok, I'll add one more fan at the front and see what happens.

My temps aren't bad at all, I'd just like to see if I can get them lower. I have an ECS K7S5A & Athlon 1800. System temp is usually 25C and CPU temp ranges from 40 to 47C, depending how hot my room is.

Thanks,

Jeff

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I've got two in and two out not counting the PSU on both my 1030 and 1040. Case temp is about 28 Celsius.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Added another front fan, and kept the two extra in back. Seems to have knocked my temp down a degree or two. I also have the side fan as well, which I forgot to mention. Geez, I have five now. :) A little excessive but this room is very warm at times, depending on the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks