Question about

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Owen, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Second Unit

HTF Admins,
    I noticed that Chris Maynard locked this topic , presumably because it was going to get too political.
    Normally I agree 100% with admins decisions in cases like this, but not this one. I think the forum admins might try to make an exception and let the discussion go for a while. Whether we like it or not, laws and governments can have an effect on our hobby and legislation like this can have a profound effect on how we enjoy movies in our homes, and in fact all home entertainment (especially in light of the continued convergence between computers and "traditional" home theater equipment).
    Though I can't speak for them, I would think that the admins of this forum would be going out of their way to make sure that the membership knew about issues like this. Instead, because it might be construed as a "political" discussion, it gets shut down.
    I hope that the admins would reconsider this. We have already shown the power of this forum in bringing change to the powers that be and I'd hate to see legislation like this go through only to wish later that we as a community had done more to see that it didn't happen.
    Regards,
    Steve Owen

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    After reading the thread, I must concur with Chris's decision to shutdown that thread. This type of discussion topic will definitely lead to political discussion which HTF management chose to stay away from as a topic of discussion. There are other forums on the internet in which you can participate in such conversation.
    Crawdaddy
    ------------------
    Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"

3. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    Given the nature of the thread, degeneration into political commentary was inevitable. Closing the thread before this eventuated was the best course of action, and one that I agree with.
    Adam