What's new

Question about the Samsung LN-R268W LCD television. (1 Viewer)

DustinV

Auditioning
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I have a question about the Samsung LN-R268W LCD, which I would like to buy. I read in an Amazon user review that this model will not display closed captions using HDMI, component, etc. connections. Now, I believe closed captions are different than subtitles but I want to make sure because I watch many foreign films. Does anyone know if this tv will display subtitles from dvds properly when using the connections mentioned above? I don't want to purchase it only to find out I can't watch more than half the dvds I enjoy watching. Thank you.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I have the 269, same as the one you are looking at with the hd tuner built in. I'll check over the weekend for you. I am currently hooked up with component cable to my dvd player.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
If I understood your question correctly, I think you should be fine. When watching satellite tv connected by S-video, I could enable/disable the captions through the tv menu. When I switched to watching a dvd over component, the option to enable/disable the captions was not available over the tv. I could use the dvd player's menu to enable subtitles on the dvd. I didn't test it over hdmi. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks