What's new

Question about SVS PB10-NSD. (1 Viewer)

IBJammin

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I am in the market for a subwoofer to replace the Cerwin Vega HT15 I just sold. I have my home theater in my living room which is approx. 16 X 21 w/ 8' ceilings. The room opens into my small kitchen/dining room. The subwoofer would sit about 13' from my chair. The sub I am looking at is the SVS PB10-NSD which most people seem to agree is a very good sub for the money. I need someones help who may have one to see whether the PB10 could handle this size room. I mainly watch movies and do not listen to them extremely loud. I have size restraints on the sub due to the location as to where I would have to place it which is on the floor between my entertainment center and my fireplace hearth which extends well past the fireplace and is about 14" off the ground. I could put a little larger sub on top of the hearth but I would have to lay it on its side because there is a window that comes down to about 18" above the hearth in this corner. Is there anything wrong with laying the sub on its side? I need someones help!

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
I see no reason a PB10-NSD could not be laid on its side.

That is a fairly large space, but I can't think of anything else in that price range that would be better for such a space. It sounds like you're pretty tame with your overall volume, so my guess is you'd be fine.

-Robb

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott

Contact SVS directly. They will ask for your specific room dimensions and give you an honest answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.