What's new

Question about Subwoofer - sounds very faint (1 Viewer)

clay28

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
hi there, I recently purchased a home theater system from Costco. It is a Yahama HTR-3064 + Accoustimass 6 Series III. I got everything hooked up and everything appears to be working except for one thing: the subwoofer. The Yamaha Front Display Panel has an indicator which speakers are activated but the Subwoofer light doesn't come on. I tried all the different sound fields and I can never get the Subwoofer light to turn on. I verified in the Config > Speaker Setup and it indeeds has Subwoofer = Yes. If I run the A/V Test Tone, I can 'barely' hear the test tone but it appears to be boadcasting through the Subwoofer. When I listen to other programming, it seems the Subwoofer sound is barely making it through (i.e., if I put my ear to the subwoofer, I can hear a little bit of sound). I'm a newbie to this A/V / Home theater stuff but this particular unit has all 5 Bose cube speakers connect to the subwoofer. Then the subwoofer has a larger cable (made up of speaker wires + subwoofer connection) connect to the A/V receiver. The subwoofer as two knobs (Base & LFE). There is no power button or volume control on the subwoofer. I do have subwoofer plugged into the wall for power. I tinkered around with it last night and this morning but I'm not sure what to do. I've double check the cable connected from the Subwoofer to the A/V receiver but still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your responses. -clay28

clay28

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
I've resolved the issue...I got a hold of someone on Yamaha Tech Support and they fixed it. In the Yamaha, select Setup > Speaker Setup > Config > Subwoofer = Yes (already set), Setup > Speaker Setup > Config > Front = Small (I had it set to Large) Setup > Speaker Setup > Config > Center = Small (I had it set to Large) Once I did that, I now see the Subwoofer light show up on the front panel. The quick reference setup paper (size of a small poster) that came in the home theater box has an incorrect configuration. -Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks