What's new

Question about Samsung wireless rear speakers, SWA 5000 (1 Viewer)

keatonxj7

Auditioning
Real Name
Keaton
I have the Samsung HT D5300 and wanna run my rear speakers wirelessly, since i don't like the wires running under the carpet and up the wall. I found the Samsung SWA-5000. Im wondering if its compatible? Anyone here have it? I found it online for $99 for the rear transmitter and receiver module kit. HTIB: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8SWbySFxWbN/p_305HTD5300/Samsung-HT-D5300.html#details-tab Wireless Receiver: http://www.abt.com/product/45646/Samsung-SWA5000.html?utm_source=scfroogle&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=froogle

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wireless speakers generally do not work well. Plus, you will still have wires - you have to plug them into an outlet. One thing to consider is your speaker placement. The surrounds should go on either side of the listener, not behind (no rear). Maybe placing them on the sides would make it easier for you to install.?.? Dolby Speaker Placement Guide

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
According to the specs on the Crutchfield page, your HTiB does have a TX card slot that will allow you to connect the SWA-500 to it.
Optional Wireless Receiver Module: To connect the system's surround speaker wirelessly, you can purchase the Samsung wireless receiver module and TX card (SWA-5000, sold separately).
Understand that the "wireless" rear speakers are never actually wireless. The receiver/amp needs a power connection, and you need to run wires from it to each surround speaker. All you're really saving is the wire run from the front of the room to the back. (And that's often an exaggerated concern. I have wood laminate flooring in my living room. I use a simple white plastic channel running along one wall from my home entertainment unit to behind my couch. The wires for my surround speakers, which are on low stands on the end table either side of my sofa, are easily hidden. The plastic channel is virtually invisible. appearing to be part of the molding.) Hope this helps, Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks