What's new

Question about renting an exotic car in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
My wife and I have a Las Vegas trip scheduled in late February. While there I really wanted to see the Hoover Dam and thought it might be cool to rent a Porsche or Lotus for the day. I found a few sites and the prices seem to be about the same. And most places you get 100 miles free plus $.50 for every extra mile. And the trip from Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam is only about 65 miles round trip (if I calculated it correctly).

But I've never done this before. If anyone has ever rented an exotic car, are there any hidden fee's? Would extra insurance be a good idea if they offer it? What I'm afraid of is when renting the car they will put a hold of $10k on my credit card which would be a problem. I really want to do this but not if it there's thousands in hidden fee's and such.

Any insights are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Never mind. They put a large hold of anywhere between $5000 - $15000 on your card. And, no way to know if the place is legit even though it may look nice. I don't want some UFC fighter coming after me because I had an accident in the car. Looks like the Chevy Aveo is the safe way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks