What's new

Question about movie series with main actor change (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Darkman starred Liam Neeson in the title role. He was replaced by Arnold Vosloo in subsequent outings.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I never saw the film and noted on IMDB that Buñuel claims the first actress quit, which forced the change
Which is interesting as well because what I had read was that Bunuel had intentionally used two actresses in the lead role to demonstrate the effects of desire, that a person wouldn't notice a change if they were so caught up in the lust. I suppose that could have been spun to hush up an actress quitting...but it's interesting, nonetheless.

Bruce

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
This is a question, as I have not watch any of them: Are the above mentioned Jack Ryan movies all made by the same "fanchise" ??? If not, do they count??

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
How about a variation on a theme with 2 actors playing the same person in one film?

Tammy Blanchard and Judy Davis played Judy Garland in 2001's Life With Judy Garland-Me And My Shadows tv film.

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
In the Universal MUMMY series, the Mummy was played by Karloff (1932), Tom Tyler (1940) and Lon Chaney, Jr. for the remaining three.

I enjoy typing Lon Chaney, Jr.

Lon Chaney, Jr.
Lon Chaney, Jr.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This is a question, as I have not watch any of them: Are the above mentioned Jack Ryan movies all made by the same "fanchise" ??? If not, do they count??
Yes, they all come from the same production team and studio, so they definitely count. Alec Baldwin apparently was slated to reprise the role in Patriot Games but he changed his mind...

Claire Panke

Second Unit
Another Back to the Future replecement, although not strictly within the parameters.

Michael J. Fox replaced Eric Stoltz within the first few weeks of shooting the original BTTF I.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Claire, they also changed Jennifers in the Back to the Future series, from someone I don't recall to Elisabeth Shue.

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
The new Dumb and Dumber movie.

Does anyone know who was supposed to play Aragorn instead of last minute replacement Viggo Mortenson in LOTR trilogy.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
In Vegas Vacation or Christmas Vacation Chevy Chase actually acknowledges the constant changing of his kids for each movie (the only characters that do change): he says to his kids something to the effect of "I hardly even recognize you anymore!" with a kind of wink-wink delivery.

Dan

Claire Panke

Second Unit
Hi Alex, yes...I know about Elisabeth Shue replacing Claudia Wells, the original Jennifer in BTF 1, but Dan had already mentioned this in a previous post so I didn't want to repeat.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Stuart Townshend was cast as Aragorn and replaced almost immediately after filming began. Thank God! :)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
All four JAWS movies have different actors playing Mike and Sean Brody.

Sylvia Kristel was in Emmanuelle, Emmanuelle 2, Goodbye, Emmanuelle and Emmanuelle IV in 3-D, not just the first two films. In IV. she undergoes plastic surgery and is played by Mia Nygren in the rest of the film.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
How could we have missed this ;) ?
The great Ray Harryhausen Sinbad trilogy (even available as a box set):

Kerwin Mathews - The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad
John Philip Law - The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
Patrick Wayne - Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger

Jude Faelnar

Stunt Coordinator
The Star Wars Series:

Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader character (lead role in Ep. II), was played by 5 different actors in 5 episodes:
James Earl Jones (voice, Ep. IV, V, VI)
David Prowse (Ep. IV, V, VI)
Sebastian Shaw (Ep. VI)
Jake Lloyd (Ep. I)
Hayden Christensen (Ep. II)

Also, Yoda was changed from muppet (Ep. I, V, VI) to CGI (Ep. II), although the same voice talent (Frank Oz) was used for all 4 movies. :D Yoda, of course, was NOT in Ep. IV.

:D :D :D

JUDE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks