What's new

Question about JBL 7.1 setup (1 Viewer)

Zeeshan T

Agent
I want to do a 7.1 setup for my hometheater. I am doing jbl e90s with ec35 center and an e250 sub (all with a h/k 430). For the other four speaker i was going on a pair of e10s (between the e90 and e20) and a pair of e20s (for the rear). My question for you guys is that are e10s which are surround speakers better for the rear or better in between and what about the e20s. Another option i considered was getting two pairs of e10s or two pairs of e20s. Which do you guys suggest? Any other suggestions are also appreciated. Thank you

Zeeshan T

Zeeshan T

Agent
I want to do a 7.1 setup for my hometheater. I am doing jbl e90s with ec35 center and an e250 sub (all with a h/k 430). For the other four speaker i was going on a pair of e10s (between the e90 and e20) and a pair of e20s (for the rear). My question for you guys is that are e10s which are surround speakers better for the rear or better in between and what about the e20s. Another option i considered was getting two pairs of e10s or two pairs of e20s. Which do you guys suggest? Any other suggestions are also appreciated. Thank you

Zeeshan T

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
Zeeshan:

Something to think about with the E20s is that they are rear ported which means you can't put them against a wall with the rear blocked off. The E30s are front ported and you won't have that problem.

E10s are good for wall mounting and make a good rear speaker, like the E30s they are front ported with a port on each side of the front.

If you're not going to wall mount, look at using the E30s for both side and rear surrounds.

Personally, I went with E100 fronts, EC35 center, E250P sub and E50s for side and rear surrounds. I power these with a Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi 100w x 7 channels.

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
Zeeshan:

Something to think about with the E20s is that they are rear ported which means you can't put them against a wall with the rear blocked off. The E30s are front ported and you won't have that problem.

E10s are good for wall mounting and make a good rear speaker, like the E30s they are front ported with a port on each side of the front.

If you're not going to wall mount, look at using the E30s for both side and rear surrounds.

Personally, I went with E100 fronts, EC35 center, E250P sub and E50s for side and rear surrounds. I power these with a Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi 100w x 7 channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks