Queen to play four shows this year with Adam Lambert

Discussion in 'Music' started by Michael Allred, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    http://www.billboard.com/news/queen-adam-lambert-playing-four-shows-this-1006692352.story#/news/queen-adam-lambert-playing-four-shows-this-1006692352.story
    Sweet!

2. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

I wasn't much interested in Paul Rodgers singing with Queen, but Lambert seems like a perfect fit for them. He has a great voice.

3. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

There are audio-only clips of Adam and Queen on YouTube from their performance at the European MTV Awards. The video versions seemed to be blocked in the US by Fremantle Entertainment.

4. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

5. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    Which is why I recorded it in HD on my DVR a few months ago :)

6. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Screenwriter

Chris
    I know you may not be actually saying this, but Paul Rodgers has one of the all time great voices in Rock and Roll. I will wager that his fame, staying power and vastly memorable recordings with multiple bands will outlast Adam Lambert many times over.

7. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

Quote:

Oh, I agree! I was a Bad Company fan growing up and even saw the Firm in concert my senior year in college. Rodgers has one of the best and most distinctive voices in Rock. But, as someone who grew up on Queen (News of the World was the first album I ever bought), I couldn't get into his voice matched with Queen's music. It just didn't work for me no matter how much I wanted it to. I'm not much of a fan of Lambert's studio recordings outside one or two songs I think are ok. But when I hear him sing acoustic versions of those songs, they're usually very good. I think he'd have a longer career if he played adult contemporary music actually. However, he won't and he'll be nothing more than a blip in music history 10 years from now like most every artist these days, but his voice in my opinion is well suited for Queen's music. He has the range and potentially the ability to bring the drama of Freddie's voice to the music in a way I think could be good.