What's new

Queen "Live at Wembley Stadium" DVD details (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The next Queen DVD, "Live at Wembley" (note, the "86" has been dropped) is set for release June 9th in the UK. US fans need not worry as the disc should be released in America as well ("Greatest Video Hits 1" was released the same week in both countries) but to my knowledge, a specific US date hasn't been mentioned.

The DVD's details have been seen here;

http://www4.cd-wow.com/detail_result...duct_code=5500

Disc 1:
Tracklisting:

1- One Vision
2- Tie Your Mother Down
3- In The Lap of The Gods
4- Seven Seas of Rhye
5- Tear It Up
6- A Kind of Magic
7- Under Pressure
8- Another One Bites The Dust
9- Who Wants To Live Forever
10- I Want To Break Free
11- Impromptu
12- Brighton Rock Solo
13- Now I'm Here
14- Love of My Life
15- Is This The World We Created
16- (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care
17- Hello Mary Lou
18- Tutti Frutti
19- Gimme Some Lovin'
20- Bohemian Rhapsody
21- Hammer To Fall
22- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
23- Big Spender
24- Radio Ga Ga
25- We Will Rock You
26- Friends Will Be Friends
27- We Are The Champions
28- God Save The Queen

Disc 2:

Road To Wembley:
Brian and Roger interview 2003

Gavin Taylor (Concert Director) and Gary Stickles (Tour Manager) interview

A Beautiful Day - Rudi Dolezal's backstage documentary about the whole day including interviews and nostalgic footage

Tribute To Wembley Towers - Tribute to the Stadium, including timeslapse demolition set to 'These Are The Days of Our Lives'

Wembley Unseen

Friday Concert Medley - highlights of the previous night's show

Rehearsals

Picture Gallery

Queen Cams - 4 Songs Multi-Angle
One Vision
Under Pressure
Now I'm Here
We Are The Champions
On these songs it will be possible to watch the performance of a specific member of the band. If you want to watch Freddie only, select the Freddie Cam. There are Roger, Brian and John Cam's.

Audio: DTS 5.1, and though it's not mentioned on that web page, likely a PCM stereo track (like the other Queen sanctioned DVD's.)

Also note that the web page says the DVD will be 1.33:1, either that's an error or Queen Productions have changed their stance on releasing DVD's 16x9, regardless of OAR.

So, the *entire* concert, a generous helping of extra features amounts to one hell of a Queen DVD. Can't wait to see it.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
any thoughts as to the PAL speed-up issue? this doesn't bother me on movies/TV shows, but with music I suppose the purist in me thinks pitch and tempo changes are not acceptable.

given that Queen are a British band and the concert was at Wembley, was it shot in native PAL video? or film at 25fps for easy PAL conversion, and NTSC gets slowed down? or the usual 24fps, which would mean PAL video gets sped up as usual?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm not quite sure what it was shot in, it's been too long since I've seen it. I want to say film, but then was it 24 or 25fps? Just don't know. If it was indeed PAL video it'd be fine. Personally I'm content to wait for it

Since both 25 and 30fps are divisible by 5, there is no speed change. The problem is that 24 and 25 have no common divisor

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I believe Wembley was shot on video as well. However another concert from that tour, Budapest, was shot on film.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
This was a great show. I havre the double-CD album and the VHS tape. Eagerly awaiting the DVD :D

Now if only it hadn't been directed by the Torpedo Hacks--- I mean the Torpedo Twins ;)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Let's hope this is in 4x3. The last 2 DVD's they did, (GVH1 and Freddie tribute) looked terrible tilt and scanned to 16x9. The Tribute show clips on the doc. (disc 2) looked SO much better in 4x3 than the show did on disc 1. Also the colors were WAY too oversturated and bled all over the place. The old VHS releases looked MUCH better. The SOUND on the other hand... :)
After GVH2, it would be GREAT if they could go WAY back and give us the '74 Rainbow show, '76 Hyde Park, etc...

Gotta finally sell off my good old ELITE VSX-05 (No DTS) and upgrade.

:) D

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Dave, you know, I'm afraid that the older shows may never be released on DVD. According to Jim Beach, the Houston '77 concert is in bad shape, and that's newer than the ones you mentioned. Makes me worry.....

Anyway, this web site http://www.queenonline.nl/

has the cover of the Wembley DVD up! Looks good.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Michael, it wasn't directed by the Twins? I wonder why I always thought it was. Must have been because of all the cheesy video effects :D Shows how much attention I pay to the credits :b

If the older concerts are in bad shape, and they are unsure about releasing them to the public, why not take them all and stick them into a box set, and call it "Rare Live II" or something like that? We (meaning dedicated Queen fans) won't care if the videos aren't perfect, we'll be just happy to have them on disc at all, and the general public will probably be more accepting of sub-par video if it's part of a box set. Include a brand-new documentary to tie it all together, and it could be a great package.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Ok, here's a direct link to the Wembley DVD cover;

http://www.queenonline.nl/wembleydvd.html

Anyhoo, yeah, Wembley was directed by Gavin Taylor (no relation to Roger.) As for the cheesy special effects, I think I read that they will be removed for the DVD.

As for a "Rare Live II", you realize the Torpedo Twins edited the first one right? :)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I also have the cd-set of this great concert. I hope it indeed will be released here in the US around the same time as the UK. But june 9th we are almost there and no announcement so i dunno.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
As for a "Rare Live II", you realize the Torpedo Twins edited the first one right? :)
I only suggested the title in order to maintain continuity within the catalog (I'm not thrilled by the change from "Greatest Flix" to "Greatest Video Hits"), not because I would actually want those monsters near ANY Queen footage :p

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Aryn, That Amazon link is actually to the older Brazilian DVD. It's decent, but it's the OLD edited version. Wait for the new 1..!
Michael, GREAT price at DVDEmpire... and I think Rainbow is definitely releaseable... They put NOW I'M HERE from it on disc 2 of GVH1... Looks ok to me. Sure it's not perfect, but this is EARLY Queen! 1st 3 albums! They actually released it in JAPAN on VHS as part of a queen box set along with RIO and Queen Karaoke! I was singing in Tokyo 5 yrs. ago and saw it, but didn't have the dough.... :frowning: I've seen a boot of it and it's an AWESOME concert! Also, all the early concerts that were taped are on sale (some on DVD) as boots... Hyde Park.. Xmas eve Hammersmith '75, Milton Keynes '82 etc...
And I agree, The torpedo Butchers...! On Rare Live, Brillaint idea to edit the songs!!! What the !@!#!$!%...?!?!?
Can't wait for this set!

:) D

Brandon

Agent
Rumor has it that after the next Queen DVD (Greatest Video Hits 2) is a brand new Queen video, previously unreleased on other formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks