What's new

QUEEN: A NIGHT AT THE OPERA a DVD-Audio review by David Tolsky (1 Viewer)

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, what a fascinating thread. Looks like both DVD-A and SACD are headed for a really rough road. With this much potential for confusion among an astute and well informed forum group, how will the "non-enthusiasts with money" react to this situation?

Reason why I ask, is, we need plenty of "non-enthusiasts with money", over the long haul, to bring us the economies of scale that drive down the prices and create a successful format.

Are these formats destined to join the "Less than Stellar Commercial Success Club", below?

How about those 16 RPM ULP's?

4-channel Reel-to-Reel?

CD-4, SQ-4?

Remember the Elcaset?

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
I just got an E-mail from DVD Audio preview that confirms the following upcoming titles

* Randy Newman - Little Criminals

* Grover Washington, Jr. - Winelight

* Linda Rondstadt - What's New

* The Band - The Last Waltz (!!!!!!!!)

* Yes - Magnification

* Jackson Browne - Running On Empty

* Van Morrison - Moondance

* Neil Young - Harvest

Sutjahjo Ngaserin

Stunt Coordinator
* The Band - The Last Waltz (!!!!!!!!)

* Jackson Browne - Running On Empty

* Van Morrison - Moondance

* Neil Young - Harvest

When? I can't wait for these 4!

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Glad to see that information.
But, wouldn't you like to have been part of the process for selecting Magnification over Fragile? How about Bonnie Raitt's vocals making the list? Rhino lists a few of her albums for March... So close, so far.
Still, at least DVD-A has a pulse :emoji_thumbsup:.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
i'd take a dvd-a of yessongs over magnification or fragile[that is if they could find the quad soundtrack which may or may not exist anymore]

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Anyone else notice that a certain low end retailer (BB) has recently started to plug sacd more than dvd audio? Last week I was in the store and I noticed a huge yellow sign that read "multi channel music" back by the receivers. They neatly had all of the sacd players and sacd discs displayed under the sign.

Meanwhile, dvd audio's are tucked away at the very end of the concert video dvd's - very easy to miss if you don't know exactly where they are.

Is sony lining BB pockets or is it kowinkadink?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks