What's new

Quartermass Films Region 1 (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Any word on reissues of the Quatermass films such as Quatermass and the Pit? I though either Warner or Anchor Bay were going to release or re-release them for Region 1?

Eric

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Was there ever anything concrete to backup the notion that Anchor Bay was going to revisit its Hammer titles? I remember something vague from like a con or something, but nothing that said, "Yeah, this is definitely going to happen".

Combine that with the very confusing situation of rights between Blue Underground and Anchor Bay, and I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
There was talk of a new 16:9 revistation on some of them, (especailly the Hammer catalog) but I recall whomever owns/is buying the materials later backpedaling with-"Hmmm.....maybe not-they look good enough as they are" or something like that; I was really hoping for a remastered, anamorphic disc for QUATERMASS IN THE PIT/5 MILLION MILES TO EARTH

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
And hopefully OAR transfers on the first two, as well. Fox now has EXPERIMENT (via MGM/UA) and QII and AND THE PIT I imagine are still with Anchor Bay (unless something has changed).

It'd be nice for the BBC to put out some nice R1 authorized editions of the existing TV serials if they haven't already, too, but one thing at a time :)

Speaking of which, does the Nigel Kneale serial, THE TROLLENBERG TERROR, on which THE CRAWLING EYE was based, exists?

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
Oops! My mistake... I was confusing it with the similarly cast "Abominable Snowman of the Himilayas".

There is no Yeti...

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
And so far as I know there's still never been a R1 QUATERMASS XPERIMENT (which is a pretty darn good picture).

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
hummmmmmmm.....been a long time since anyone mumbled the words "Quatermass Xperiment".....so i thought i would do so...that SOMEONE would know there still IS intrest in the title....even a DVD-R?? (don't hit me!!!)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I'll take a domestic release the restored BBC serial set (which STILL hasn't happened four years later), over the Hammer movies anyday.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Having just gotten into (well, back into) the Hammer flicks, I'd love to see any of the Quatermass flicks. Seriously, how it is I've never seen the spiritual ancestor of Doctor Who is beyond me.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
My understanding is that Blue Underground has the old R1 Anchor Bay Hammer rights. The last statement I saw on the subject was that the current rights holder felt the market for Hammer was already saturated with discs so there was no point going back to the well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks