What's new

Quantum Leap at last? (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
I found this page talking about a season one issue on DVD for Quantum Leap if anyone is interested?

http://www.projectquantumleap.com/pratt.htm[/url]

I'd be first in line for this set and I suspect lots of you would too!;)

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I rather liked Quantum Leap, I have few episodes on VHS and I've been watching them now and then. I was in the army when they showed it here in Finland so I missed many episodes from the second and third season. If those sets are going to be reasonably priced, I could consider byuing them.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Sweet. I know this was one of the shows Universal was going to release before they put everything on hold until they were sold. So hopefully, we will get this show and others soon.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This is great news. Back when the Universal titles were announced, I knew I wanted QL, but I wasn't desperate to have it. Now, I've been missing my off-the-air tapes and wanting to watch it. I hope it comes out sooner rather than later, and more than one season a year. I bet music will be replaced, though.

While they have Deborah Pratt, they ought to get her to record stuff for Airwolf. ;) ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Someone e-mailed TVShowsOnDVD about this earlier today. Gord & I are looking into it. Even if we find out nothing new, we'll still might post *just* about this before the day is over...it's promising!

By the way, this link works! :)

For those of you not in-the-know, Deborah Pratt was married to QL creator Donald P. Bellisario until '91 (the show ran from 89-93). She has many credits on the show, being listed as writer (for the pilot, "Genesis", among others), as Co-Executive Producer on 6 episodes, and as the voice of the Narrator as well as Ziggy. She's definately someone who would know if DVDs were in the offing!

(Hey, that was a good summary...I'll probably copy that for my news item! ;) ).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Interesting. I LOVED the Quantum LEap Novels, and I hope more come out, and now a new TV show to boot? Could be interesting to see how they tie up the loose ends to the shows final episode, considering they created a time paradox of sorts...

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I will be the first in line for this show. It was great. This was one of those shows I never missed...

I hope season sets finally surface!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I too got into QL after a few seasons and was totally pissed off the way NBC dumped the show in mid-season... and then quickly rapped it up in one stupid, cobbled together best-of episode that was more head scratching than anything (like the end of Seinfeld and The X-Files shows)!

Dan

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Well, the first two seasons of Sliders at either rate. After that it kind of got extremly bad, and cheap, despite sticking with the show through Season 5..

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Awesome! One of my favorite series of all time. Don't forget to contact the author of the article for suggestions for the DVD. It looks like Scott Bakula may be involved, but I doubt Bellisario is available.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Think Dean Stockwell would be available? He's only reoccurring in JAG and if Scott Bakula has time, I'd think he would.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was very pleased to see this news. This is also one of my all-time favorite TV shows. I was able to purchase the pilot episode before it went OOP.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
This would be one of the TV sets that I've been drooling for. I want it NOW!!!:angry: But I'll continue to wait...and wait....and wait.:frowning:

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I hope any S1 release would include the pilot and not end up in a twins peaks situation where they released it without it.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I hope the pilot episode will be included. It might go either way since the pilot has been released once, but since it is out of print I would hope they would include the pilot on the Season 1 set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks