What's new

QUAD is back/ How do I get a DVD onto ITunes? (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Isn't that a wonderfully descriptive title? So much better than, "Help!"

Bought Chicago's first album recently, I think they were still "Chicago Transit Authority" at the time.

It is wonderful, but it's on a DVD.

Pop that in a Mac and you get to watch a picture of the cover while the music plays.

Rhino Handmade sent me an email today, they're about to release "The Best of Aretha" in the same format, Quad on a DVD.

I want to listen to this stuff shuffled in with the other 20,100+ songs on my IPod.

Any help?

Thanks.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
You can't be helped here on HTF because the tools to extract the audio from the DVD violate the corporate-written Digital Millennium Copyright Act or whatever they called it. Out of respect for the industry folk who frequent HTF, no one is allowed to discuss it.

On a related note, even once you learn how, I'm not sure you can preserve the quad or if you'll have to fold it down to stereo for iTunes.

What can be done? Well I sent feedback to iTunes asking them to sell the 5.1 mix of David Bowie's Heathen in high-res. No reply of course. But the more people who ask for multi-channel music, the more likely iTunes will be to start selling it, and to create a version of Apple Lossless that supports it. Someyear. Eventually you'll be able to pop in a music DVD into iTunes just like you can a CD. But not yet.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thanks Will.

I suppose "not discussing it" would preclude telling me why anyone would give a rat's ass that I want to LISTEN to a DVD that I purchased.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah that would be precluded as well.

You'll just have to google for some kind of dvd audio extractor yourself, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks