QT Talks "Kill Bill" dvd

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MatS, Oct 2, 2003.

1. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

2. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

Looks like we have to double-dip or worse to get all the goodies.

3. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

at first it sounded like he was mocking PJ but then I realized he was being sincere

hell why not, if PJ can do it so can he, at least he is telling everyone upfront

step 1: let's see how the movie (Part 1) is come next week

4. john mcfadden

john mcfadden Stunt Coordinator

Gordon Liu (Master Killer ) and Sonny Chiba (THE STREET FIGHTER) in the same film ???? You Better Believe im in there !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Having just seen Kill Bill, I sincerely hope Part II is an improvement or there won't be much of an audience for this DVD beyond hard core fans of QT.

6. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

With all the talks about the Japanese alternate cuts and such, I really don't care as long as they are included in one form or another on Region 1 DVD. Slighty OT about QT, Kill Bill's budget is more than twice his first 3 films combined (As 1 movie not 2)

7. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I would love to see the full color blood-fest that appears to be the Japanese release. Well, maybe I sould moderate my hyperbole until after I see the U.S. version.

8. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

If this release plan holds true, I'll definitely hold out for the final edition. After seeing Volume 1, I'm fully convinced that Kill Bill will work better as one piece.

And at least Q.T. let us know of his plans ahead of time. I do appreciate that.

9. Bill Burns

Bill Burns Supporting Actor

I plan to see them, and I'm really quite excited about Volume I ... but something about QT's latest offering leaves me ill at ease ... um ... hmmm ... nope, I can't quite put my finger on it ....

10. richardWI

richardWI Second Unit

QT is rarely low on enthusiasm, I'll give him that, but in the case of KB he's counting chickens before they hatch.

Spliting the movie in half just seems like a cynical, cash in move rather than a carefully planned, artisic choice. After a certain other movie came out this year I'm pretty burned out on paying full price for half a movie. These DVD ideas seem to push it even further in that direction.

...Unless KB somehow turns out to be Citizen Kane quality, but the decapitations might prevent it from being that.

11. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

12. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Eh, Lord of the Rings was one movie chopped into 3 pieces, so you never got more then a third of a movie there. Of course it was a really LONG third, but Fellowship or Two Towers told as much of the story as Matrix Reloaded did. As for Kill Bill, holding out till I see it, but I do think saying people won't sit through a three hour movie just doesn't hold water, as the second highest grossing movies each of the last two years have been right at the three hour mark, and the current BO fav for this year may be as much as three and a half.

13. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

True Romance is one of my favourite movies ever, and Pulp Fiction is a classic, but i don't think i'll be watching Kill Bill until both DVDs are in my hands. i don't want to support a studio that splits a movie in 2 for (what i think is) profit. and to be honest, the Tarantino dialogue wears a bit thin sometimes, so i can afford to wait. the kung fu fighting does get me excited though.

14. richardWI

richardWI Second Unit

15. Bernhard

Bernhard Stunt Coordinator

The comparison to LOTR is no valid in my opinion. The Lord of the Rings movies have been designed as three seperate movies from scratch.
    Kill Bill was written and filmed as a single film and chopped in two afterwards.

16. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

17. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I think I'll wait for the double feature version then pick up the individual discs used.

18. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Man I don't like the reports I'm hering about KB.

And if QT is going to do this as planned, tahn either the big double disc release or the 2 single releases better be a different cut of the movie.

19. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

20. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Interesting point about the multiple dvd release, but I find his opinion about movies today very interesting. Click on what he says about Kill Bill 2.