What's new

Pulp Fiction R1 CE? (1 Viewer)

Apone

Auditioning
Does Pulp Fiction R1 CE have an improved video transfer compared to R2 SE or R4 SE? Or are they extactly the same transfer?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
That is a good question. I've been meaning to comapre the R1 to my R3 Korean disc. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
I own the R1 CE, owned the R3 before that and have sampled the R2 CE (bought it for a friend without cc). From memory, I'd say the R3 (which actually is R0, IIRC) is the sharpest but suffers a bit from aliasing, and the R2 and R1 transfers are identical aside from inherent PAL-NTSC differences.

BTW, the R2/UK version is edited (very) slightly: the shot of the needle entering John Travolta's arm was reframed at the 'request' of the BBFC...

Apone

Auditioning
It seems like R4 was never issued with non-anamorphic. But its menu has no animation and very poor in presentation. Bright day light scenes are quiet sharp but details in dark areas are weak.

Do you think R4 SE's anamorphic is same as R1 CE's? Because I don't want to double-dip an identically transferred DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks