Pull-down screen won't hold height

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ash.1111, Oct 1, 2009.

1. ash.1111

ash.1111 Agent

Please refer to next post for update.

2. ash.1111

ash.1111 Agent

I have an interesting update for you guys. It turns out that the projector is the one that is moving, not the screen.

The projector itself is mounted on a 24-inch extension pole and while the roof has been deemed as rain damaged in parts, there is no visible damage near the ceiling mount.

Now, when the door opens and closes, the projector does shake (is this normal?), but the picture moves regardless of if the door has been opened/closed.

The distance that the image moves is about 3-4cm and it takes around 5-10 minutes for the image to move 1cm. If I turn the projector off and turn it back on 2 minutes later, the image will remain in its last seen position, and will then continue to move further up. If I leave it overnight, it will return to its lowest position and move its way up.

Should I ring Panasonic? Should I contact the installer? What should I do?

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    nothing at all to do with Panasonic.

I would call the installer...he may not be able to do anything either, but should have thought of vibrationary movement on install.

Good luck!!

4. ash.1111

ash.1111 Agent

I have contacted the installer and he suggested that the problem may lie with the mount heating up and moving. He is going to come around next week and checkout the mount. Maybe a screw isn't tight enough or something.