What's new

pt47wx52 brightness problem (1 Viewer)

Paulydoo

Auditioning
I have a related thread in tweaking but thought I better post hear also. I've set picture modes at color 27, tint 29, bright 33, picture 32, sharp 12.(Thanks Kevin) The picture is quite good but extremely dark. I find I have to raise the brightness to high 50's. Does anyone else have a brightness problem. I have had the set for 10 days and am having a tech do a convergence on it next Saturday. I just can't see having brightness being nearly maxed being necessarily correct or even good for the set, and I would not think this complimentary convergence will address this. Any help or input would be appreciated...Thanks!!

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Have you run AVIA or VE or S/V test discs or the THX optimode?

Run that first and see where your settings are.

usually an unusually high brightness setting does not mean a problem per se ... just that the service brightness is cranked too low by whom ever did the final set up of the TV on the assembly line.

Go to the service mode. pump up the brightness as required ... set brightness in user mode to 31 first though.

Regards

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
User brightness is a subset of service mode brightness.
Service mode settings are different for all sets ...
Who do you think sets these sets up ... robots? :) Think again.
Regards

Paulydoo

Auditioning
How does one get himself into the service mode to pump up the brightness. Does this mean taking off the speaker cover? I have also heard you can leave brightness at low 30's and set your pic really high. This will apparently lighten things up, have not tried it yet. I have not run avia, still deciding on what to compliment the set with so the t.v. is on it's own at the moment...what a crime, yah if you could explain how to get into service mode that would be great, thanks, Paul.

Ming Wang

Agent
you don't need to open the set for entering service menu, just use remote and buttons on the set. check http://panny.tv for instructions. you should also download and read the service manual before you proceed.
I have brightness at around 30 for DVD, calibrated with Avia, but for dishnetwork, I have to pump up the brightness to somewhere 45-50.

Brent_H

Second Unit
i have the 53WX42 and I have the EXACT same issue. Dvd's I can sometimes throw the brightness down to 15-17 and it looks great....but watching my cable TV, brightness is often at 50+ for it to look good.....At least I'm not the only one. Hopefully HDTV signals aren't like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks