What's new

PSYCHO II & PSYCHO III Remasters (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
psycho 4 was a made for tv cable movie.. never shown in theatres. I only saw part 3 in the theatres.

JACOB

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Only place around here that had them was Cinema 1 (small indy stores) and they only recieved 1 copy of each and were sold by the time I got there.

RichardCrowther

Stunt Coordinator

The UK set basically had ntsc-pal conversions of all the films, with Psycho being a straight conversion of the American non-anamorphic disc complete with documentary etc. (despite R2 having already had an anamorphic version of this film available for years), Psycho II being an open-matte version, Psycho III being a non-anamorphic 16:9 print and Psycho IV being it's original 4:3. I don't think there were any extras for the sequels. Not really worth considering, really.

John KB

Second Unit
True not the greatest box set, but I still would have bought it in a heart beat since it goes for only $20 Canadian.

I have the Psycho IV laser disc, think I might watch it now with all this talk.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Hope they change their minds about Psycho IV when the see how well Psycho II and III are selling, (since no one can seem to find them.)

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

I think Psycho IV did get a limited overseas theatrical release... and yes, I would buy this one as well to complete the collection, even though if I remember right some of the story contradicts itself from the first one. It pretty much disregards the events in 2 and 3. In Psycho 3 it is said that Mrs. Spool kills Norman's father in a jealous rage, but in part 4 it shows him dying from bee stings...

I still like all these movies though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, in Psycho, Norman said that mother met a man and "He convinced her to build this motel." Then in Psycho IV, the motel is already long built when she meets him. Just be like me and pretend Norman was lying when he said that in Psycho. Continuity mistake corrected. Plus, keep in mind that the guy telling the story is a psycho. :)

It may not be the best movie but Anthony Perkins, Olivia Hussey, Henry Thomas and CCH Pounder all give pretty good performances in Psycho IV.

John KB

Second Unit
Ugh... I have Bates Motel on vhs... I never really liked the movie. Although at the same time, I haven't watched it since the 80's I believe.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I've never seen it but I'd probably give it a blind buy (or better yet a double feature with part 4).

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
The Birds II: Land's End may have been made for cable, but there were 35mm theatrical prints struck. I ran one once. It was part of some local promotion Showtime was doing with General Cinema.

I suspect the same is true for Psycho IV, meaning that there probably were limited screenings for various reasons.

-Lyle J.P.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Most of Universal's 2.0 DD tracks of the original dolby stereo soundtracks sound pretty good IMO, plus isn't Psycho II in 4.0? I haven't heard it yet but I suspect that it will likely sound just fine, could anyone who has heard chime in and give an opinion?

Here's what the linked review above had to say:

More isn't necessarily better, I'm sure the tracks on this dvd sound as good as they ever have or will for some time to come...at least until HD-dvd and lossless sound comes into play anyway and who knows how long it will be before any of these sequels get's a release on that format.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks