What's new

PSP Burnout game Cant be played right away (1 Viewer)

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Went in to purchase Burnout Legends for my PSP, but the store clerk was warning everyone rushing to buy it, said that you can't play it just right out of the box.

That is dumb!!!! The guy said you have to download something to be able to play it.
Some people bought it anyways I asked if this will happen for future PSP releases, he said so far the new Burnout for PSP right now.

Can anyone further comment on this. Sorry I couldn't understand what some people said in the last topic on Burnout Legends. I didn't have to download any darn thing on my Ridge Racer, NFS games and are both racing.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
you need the 1.52 upgrade to play it (or a crack to allow you to play it without the upgrade). It is provided on the game disk, however, so you don't need to download anything in order to play it, you'd just need to install the 1.52 patch.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I prefer the term misinformed. ;)

If it's one thing I've learnt, it's to never trust a store clerk working at any game retailer. A clerk fed a similar line to my work manager when he wanted to purchase the PS2 version of LEGO Star Wars, stating that it will only work with slimline PS2s. :rolleyes

Kenneth Bova

Agent

Absolutely true. I used to work in a game store and have seen this stuff firsthand. If there is any rumor, poorly researched issue, or just plain misunderstood information, many employees take it as fact and share this misinformation with customers or coworkers. Factor that in with the typical Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo bias that each and every employee has and you get wonderful situations like this.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Hmmmm thanks everyone on that. I am taking your word for it.

I am enjoying my NFS and Ridge Racer, now another LOL!!! Racing game.

Did you guys get a bundle package deal? Or just the package with headphones, remote, memory card, and soft case, and strap.
I still have to buy that neat PSP case to carry my psp.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I've said this before, if you don't want to upgrade to 1.52 to play the new PSP games...DON'T!!

There is a trick patch that will trick your PSP in thinking its got the 1.52 upgrade.

That way you are still able to play your SNES, SEGA and such EMU's.

go to www.pspupgrades.com and seacrh for NO UPGRADES UMD starter

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Im really enjoying the Burnout game. Placing well, and opened another vehicle too.

At the store I bought it, one other clerk said since now I have Burnout Legends that is the only racing game I'll need.
But I bought the other 2 racing games.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
You do need to 'plug in' the PSP before it will let you play, if you need the upgrade.

But you only need to plug into 120V AC :)

Firmware upgrades are forbidden when running off battery power.

Still, I'd suggest NOT upgrading your firmware unless you really want to. Use a loader.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks