What's new

PSB image5t's vs. Paradigm studio 40's (1 Viewer)

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
I have a pair of studio 40's and a studio-cc.. Wondering how they compare (i know it is very subjective and personal preference) to the PSB image5t and the image9c. Just thinking of buying the PSB's and selling my Paradigms to a friend.. Just wanted to throw this out to see what sort of response I get.

aaron campbell

Second Unit
Hi Craig, IMO, the PSB Image series would be a step backwards. While they are fine speakers, they are in the league of the Paradigm monitor series.
Aaron

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Craig,
PSB Image series is often regarded to be in the class of the Paradigm Monitor series. The PSB Stratus line is often compared with the Paradigm Reference series. IMO, the Stratus Bronze with NAD is a combo that is a bit too laid back for my taste (based on a demo at Commercial Electronics on Burrard Street a few years ago).
YOu might want to check if The Sound Room in Kitsilano sells PSB. I know that they definately sell Paradigms. If possible, compare them in the same room. Good luck.
Dave

David Head

Second Unit
I think you should go listen to the PSB Image speakers and decide for yourself, because I think that they sound as good as the Studio 40s. I compared the B&W 600 series, Paradigm Studio 40s and PSB Image speakers when I was shopping for speakers. I ended up with buying the PSBs because I felt that they sounded at least as good and were less expensive. Here are my thoughts. The 5T/9C would be an upgrade from the 3LR/8C combo I purchased. Good luck!
David

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
IMO the PSB's may have a bit more lower end than the 40's, but that doesnt mean they are better :)
I would choose the Paradigms for their excellent mids and highs if i had the money or already owned a good sub.
If not, then id go with the PSB's.
------------------
RobertDuvall.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Craig, Sure... The PSBs sound fathoms better than the studio 40s not even a comparison.
wink.gif
As a matter of fact you should buy them immediately and then sell your Studio 40s and CC to me at an extremely generous price!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Luke

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks