PSB Image speakers? Other suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LawrenceZ, Oct 17, 2001.

1. LawrenceZ

LawrenceZ Stunt Coordinator

Oct 16, 2000
    I think my old PSB Century 500i's have called it a night and turned in. After an extended night of Pearl Jam above reference the only sounds they produce now are accompanied by a very loud buzzing noise. I thought I was safe, my Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX sends bass below 80 to my sub so I wasn't concerned with speaker damage, I guess I was wrong.
    Now I have 2 options, buy replacments or fix the Century's.
    Does anyone have any idea what it would cost to replace the 8" drivers? They're past warrenty.
    Also, I'm looking at stricktly PSB speakers because my center, side and back surrounds are all PSB and I want to maintain tonal and asthetic match. Maybe the PSB Image 3LR's or Image 4t's.
    Oh, and one more thing, if anyone knows of a good speaker repair place in Calgary that does PSB, I'd like to hear about them.
  2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

May 12, 2001
    Check the PSB website and email them with your questions. I live a few KM's from PSB and I could ask them where the best place in Calgary would be to take your speakers should you want to fix them. I would certainly consider fixing them either way. DO NOT DISCARD THEM! Sell them broken if you have to but don't chuck em. If you do go for new speakers, I think you'll be pleased with the Image line. I picked up the 6T, 9C and 2B combo and it sounds great.